New BW FMW 64.5!

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
We are proud to announce a new turbo from Borg Warner! A very new, very unique model is available for pre-order as of this morning, with the first production run scheduled to deliver W1 January 2014

I have my name on a few and there are still spots open! PM me if you want on the list or for pricing!

S300SX3-64.5FMW, which is essentially a ‘larger’ version of the S300SX3-62FMW unit we’ve been providing for several years. The main difference being that this is an all-new compressor, in 64.5/87.4mm dimension, and, of course, it’s a Forged Milled Wheel compressor. The ‘box’ unit will be offered with the 76/68mm (more ‘cupped’) turbine wheel, as this offers the most flexibility with regard to optional housings, and it will be assembled with the highest-flowing housing, the 1.10A/R. (any housing available just ask)

The all-new compressor was developed by the same team who designed the EFR Series, and the wheel is expected to meet or exceed the current cast-aluminum 66/91mm compressor, but, with the smaller exducer, response will be enhanced. This wheel will be fully mapped by BWTS prior to product release. The unit will be fitted at the factory with the upgraded, 6-pad thrust system for enhanced durability.

This turbo will NOT be added to the Performance Turbocharger Products Catalog. It is considered ‘exclusive prototypes’ to the Distributors who participate.

It will initially be offered as complete turbocharger assemblies ONLY. Customer demand will drive whether or not Super Core assemblies are released. Your feedback will be important here, but, just as important, will be sales volume. These are being released due to the requests from our customers for O.E.M. machined compressor wheel, AirWerks-based products, to compete with the “me-too” aftermarket product that has been flooding the market, with undocumented material quality.

We believe BWTS has succeeded in ‘bridging the gap’ between the upper-end of the AirWerks families, and the correspondingly similar units found in the EFR Series, while maintain excellent dollar value for 100% O.E. product.

As noted, these are available NOW for pre-order, and the initial production run is limited, but can be expanded. Once that initial run is pre-sold (and it will happen pretty quickly), we will schedule these for monthly deliveries, as we do with most EFR and AirWerks product. We do intend for these to be stocking items.

Please contact me directly if you have any questions or comments regarding these new items, and, of course, for any pre-orders. As with any BWTS product, no deposit or pre-payment will be requested or accepted; you can let your money work for you while you wait for these to arrive.

Last edited:

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
not sure how long the pre production ones will be available. I think these will be a awesome street/strip turbo for the 6.0! happy medium between the fmw62 and 66

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
got my first one in today.

1463699_679940672045905_1561809021_n.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
is it a replacement for a 300 series turbo ? im trying out a 363 shortly and may be interested in trying that as well, i dont think i want the lag of a 66 .

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
its a 300 series turbo. That what your asking?

yep ! just dont know if there are difference in the flange or housing to make direct swaps difficult. i dont wannamodify a downpipe or charge pipe. i have never run a BW turbo , ever, cept factory.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Yup I can get them in any Borg turbine wheel. 68,71,74 and exhaust housing .83 divided .88 open .91 divided 1.10 divided all t4

I can also get it in a 90 degree outlet compressor housing

HOOV3R

Reaction score
installed it on the truck today. Spool up is pretty close to the FMW 62 but When it comes on it comes on harder. I couldnt keep the boot on to save my life. Going to have to get a new one. So not not much response on WOT performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO8G-Gljc7U

Want to make me an intercooler pipe to the v-band on the compressor housing so I don't have these issues and dent my hood? LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.