Anyone ever scuffed chrome with scotchbrite?

Clean-15

Reaction score
I saw it once on an episode of gas monkey and thought it was cool but I'm not sure how it turns out. Anyone tried it? I'd like to match my bumpers to a set of machined method wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Make it look like brushed stainless? This is a pic of it sanded down with 80 or 100 grit then 220 grit sandpaper.
220f36576318e253798d954cd46dc1f1.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
If I originally planned to go this is make sure to do full length wipes with the sandpaper. You can see in the scratches from the paper where the direction got reversed. There's a small swirl in those spots. Just a little heads up for anyone who wanted to try it. It looks best, just not for me. Originally the plan for this piece was to paint it black or red. But the paint dripped pretty bad so it got stripped and it was decided that the owner wanted it this way. Truck is way overdone if anyone wants to see it mounted, but I don't want to hear any chit about it. That's the heads up.

Clean-15

Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty much what I'm after. That part is plastic right? Thanks for the pic!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
He's also running the toyo r/t tires. They seem to be pretty nice. Little bit of noise but nothing like a mud tire. Seem to be wearing pretty well too. But that's a different combo.

When I say I've taken the emblems apart and that the guy at CTS overcharges by a lot, I'm serious. 2 different sized drill bits for the ford emblems and the fender badges you just snap the plastic tabs with a pair of pliers, because they don't bend and release the inner portion, and glue the emblems back together when done. I did these, pretty easy.

Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score
He's also running the toyo r/t tires. They seem to be pretty nice. Little bit of noise but nothing like a mud tire. Seem to be wearing pretty well too. But that's a different combo.

When I say I've taken the emblems apart and that the guy at CTS overcharges by a lot, I'm serious. 2 different sized drill bits for the ford emblems and the fender badges you just snap the plastic tabs with a pair of pliers, because they don't bend and release the inner portion, and glue the emblems back together when done. I did these, pretty easy.
That has nothing to do with this thread...