Another obs 7.3 intermentin miss thread

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I tried searching for a thread but nothing came up. I have a 94.5 f350 cclb dr and it will run good but then my battery light will start flashing and then if idling my truck will pop run rough as hell for a little bit then pop again and go right back to normal and while its running rough the cel will come on then when it goes back to running like normal it will go off. I read an article powerstroke nation and got 2 possibilities one my pcm is done and 2 it could be a burned injector connection at the valve cover. Is there anything else I need to look at? Also When it runs rough if I touch the IDM I can kinda feel a little bit of electricity, is that normal or could my idm be the problem?

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I plan on trying to but I have to get my digital gauge that I have for my jeep hooked to display the code live because the computer doesn't permanently save the code so a regular scan tool wont display the code

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Pretty sure it has a ground wire in the harness.

You could try Auto Zone, O Reilly’s, Advance, or maybe Napa for their code reader.

old man dave

Reaction score
Anyway, I found this. I may have a number wrong since I can't even read my own notes. LOL

UJVCH Harness 1815923C92/F4TZ-6584-A
VC Gasket 181283502/F4TZ-9D930-K
Harness Repair Kit 1830829C91 As I recall, has 4 replacement plug shells, seals and insertion tool (no pins)
Ford harness repair kit 94.5-96 F7TZ-14489-BA, 97 F7TZ-14489-AA (No insertion tool in this kit), otherwise same as IH
Pins 1661875C1
Pins with 6" pigtail 25010551C1

I got all these from my IH dealer by ONLY mentioning "97 T444e" engine. Their eyes just rolled back whenever I said "Ford 7.3 PSD".

Some Ford parts are marked with an IH style part number but are Ford only and not serviced by IH and there are T444e parts that are completely different than the Ford equivalent. This causes confusion at the IH dealer and is usually the reason that they do not like selling IH parts to Ford owners. Knowing which year and type of IH engine and just what parts are the same as Ford is the key to success to getting parts from your friendly IH dealer.

Used to be that IH was way cheaper than Ford since orange ink is cheaper than Ford/Motorcraft Red/blue ink but IH prices have gone up.

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
Thanks man my local ih dealer said I needed a p/n or engine serial number and because I didn't have either one they couldn't look it up for me

LOL as if every IH owner knew that! Just too lazy to look up what the customer needs. Mine seems to be particularly helpful, they like to sell parts.

Case in point. The instruction sheet for the IH bellowed uppipe kit said it had to be used with a particular turbo inlet adaptor. IH had three different ones for the T444e. They were able to confirm that the Ford stock piece was the exact same piece that the kit required. Saved me from ordering the IH piece and they lost a sale. But I have bought a lot of other stuff from them, all for my PSD aka 97 T444e.

I was at a dyno day 200 miles from home. My engine was just starting to act a little flakey but did a set of dyno runs anyway. Then went to the local IH dealer and got a cps (again just asked for one for a 97 T444e). Put it in, did another set of dyno runs and picked up 10hp. Made my day thanks to a helpful IH counterman.

Last edited:

wildbill963258

Reaction score
LOL as if every IH owner knew that! Just too lazy to look up what the customer needs. Mine seems to be particularly helpful, they like to sell parts.

Case in point. The instruction sheet for the IH bellowed uppipe kit said it had to be used with a particular turbo inlet adaptor. IH had three different ones for the T444e. They were able to confirm that the Ford stock piece was the exact same piece that the kit required. Saved me from ordering the IH piece and they lost a sale. But I have bought a lot of other stuff from them, all for my PSD aka 97 T444e.

I was at a dyno day 200 miles from home. My engine was just starting to act a little flakey but did a set of dyno runs anyway. Then went to the local IH dealer and got a cps (again just asked for one for a 97 T444e). Put it in, did another set of dyno runs and picked up 10hp. Made my day thanks to a helpful IH counterman.

Yeah I figured that LOL. Got my truck back today and so far no more missing (the guy just diagnosed it) and found it was indeed my uvch and put it back together. I think I had a loose connection and when the shop owner put it back together he probably put the harness back together good.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Found the culprit to my problems lol too bad the rest is stuck in the uvch otherwise I could just splice another pigtail on and plug it in LOL.

Attachments

• 15331346176506667648628070491467.jpg
    15331346176506667648628070491467.jpg
    773 KB · Views: 41