06 hot no start after stc replacement

jrex2506

Reaction score
Just done an egr ******, oil cooler and stc fitting for my buddys truck. Ran fine now two weeks later it developed a hot no start. I mean as soon as its switched off it wont start. Kinda wierd its fine for 2 weeks then now it has a problem. Also it developed a high pitch squel from turbo area as well. If the vgt is off u dont hear it. Any ideas?

Btw im getting values in morning plus a video. No stand pipes yet either

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

jrex2506

Reaction score
Also his temps are really hot, like 240+ towing heavy and i know thats really hot. I thought an oil coller would help but not much. His egts seem ok most of the time. Does lose some coolant but no white smoke or puking. Any help be good.

ghohouston

Reaction score
The noise is where you didn't get the up pipes mated back flush with the inlet of the turbo, most likely. The hot start problem probably needs an air test. Stand pipes and dummy plugs certainly could be the cause of the hot start issue. Those are almost always the cause of hot no start on a 6.0

jrex2506

Reaction score
Ok but what would cause the high oil tempatures? I told him to do the new stand pipes but he declined. Now we gotta tear it apart again. Cheap and a 6.0 dont go together.

jrex2506

Reaction score
Bumping this back up, oil cooler and flush helped but the oil temp is still really high. What else can cause the temps to be 230-240+?

Sbriggs

Reaction score
my hot start was the injector cups. stand pipes were fine. also might need to put stand off gage to fuel pump the electric pumps cause many probblems other parts get blamed for. My strainer came off in tank from ahole syphoning fuel! what a nightmare.I agree with turbo pipe.

Lipka101

Reaction score
Bumping this back up, oil cooler and flush helped but the oil temp is still really high. What else can cause the temps to be 230-240+?

What are coolant temps when oil is at 230-240?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Members online