Bringing my truck to my dealership

Sooter6.7

Reaction score
So I'm bringing my truck to my dealer today to get the oil changed and I was worried about it messing up my truck.. Always heard of ppls tuners getting fd up when dealer flashes truck. I have a MM with Canned tunes, if I return the vehicle to stock on the MM then tune after will I be able to? Should I just return to stock and keep mm at home?

Sooter6.7

Reaction score
I have free oil changes and tune ups for life at my dealer so I don't have to buy the oil, cheap ass I know

Sooter6.7

Reaction score
I got the tuner about 2 months ago and updated it to te most recent files, Queston is if I return the truck to stock, they flash, will my MM still work with the most recent files

jcain

Reaction score
Hide the obd plug or simply tell them not to do anything but oil and get it in writing

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if they're just doing an oil change why would they re-flash it anyway?

because there's an updated flash available for it and they get paid by Ford to load it

it's also an emissions related recall flash, so they'll try to argue that they're required by law to do it

14ccd

Reaction score
There is a device that goes over the OBD plug and has a lock on it so nobody can mess with it

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Anyone with an Ford IDS should be able to tell if you have a reflash due. I'm lucky to have dealership that doesn't monkey around too much.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I just put a lock around the middle of the obd2 port on my 6.0/6.4 trucks. Have not looked to see if the same works on the 6.7 yet. They get all pissy about it but they get over it.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I always tell the service manager "do not reflash the truck"

All the repairs order receipts I get back from them all say on the top in big bold letters DO NOT REFLASH. LOL

Emery19

Reaction score
because there's an updated flash available for it and they get paid by Ford to load it

it's also an emissions related recall flash, so they'll try to argue that they're required by law to do it
If there's no emission equipment on the truck what's the point of reflashing LOL

Anyways. I had my truck in the dealer, and I just told the service manager don't reflash or touch the computer. She was wicked nice and was like don't worry there's no reason for us to. I also left a note on the center console. Then I ended up joking with her about doing a few to many burnouts. Twas a good dealer to me.