Damp carpet

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Drivers side behind seat feels damp, even carpet under the black tray behind back seat feels damp. I'm lost as to where it would be coming from. The drivers side back door does drag but seems to seal well when closed. Any ideas as too what I could check guys? The carpet is just damp doesn't feel soaking wet. It did have time to dry in all the heat we have. I don't drive the truck but 1-2 times a week so it stays closed up out in the weather.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Two sources - three If you count the door seals leaking - they rarely do!

At the cab corners on top

The rear window. Ford did a piss poor job cutting corners designing the rear window! If you peel back the seal on each corner - you’ll see a gap. Caulk under it with rtv. You’ll need a pick to lift the seal while you caulk behind it. You don’t need much - just 1/8 thick line so that the seal will sandwich itself to the truck and water will bead off instead of finding them sob gaps.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Two sources - three If you count the door seals leaking - they rarely do!

At the cab corners on top

The rear window. Ford did a piss poor job cutting corners designing the rear window! If you peel back the seal on each corner - you’ll see a gap. Caulk under it with rtv. You’ll need a pick to lift the seal while you caulk behind it. You don’t need much - just 1/8 thick line so that the seal will sandwich itself to the truck and water will bead off instead of finding them sob gaps.

—————signature—————
Thanks man I just touched one of those cab corner pieces and it fell off. I taped it back on for now. I also taped the third brake light just in case. We have a tropical storm fixing to hit us so I will know if the tape did the trick for the moment. I don't have time to mess with the window but will later in the week. How do I get those corner roof pieces to stay on with out tape?

DieselDC

Reaction score
Rtv sealant will do it.

Permanently solution is to get new ones. Doing that is a pita b/c inside trimming needs removing to access the nut holding the trim on.

—————signature—————

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Also if you wanted to fill the seams, which Im sure 20yo truck will leak from, are the seams of the cabs when they assembled them.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Q0ZQG...olid=34SYGWWRA9HX3&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

—————signature—————

Thanks again for all the help I just bought this truck maybe a month ago. The seams on the roof have rust on the edges. Guess that stuff would have to come out then fix the rust and reapply the sealant. I'm gonna have to bring it to a body shop this is getting out of my scope.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Lol sounds about right with me. Chit just quit working one at a time after 200k but the motor just won’t quit

—————signature—————

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Lol sounds about right with me. Chit just quit working one at a time after 200k but the motor just won’t quit

—————signature—————

Yep its a 01 269,000 and motor runs great other things are starting to quit lol

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Just a update on the cab leak. It was the cab vents leaking horrible. Had the bed pulled off and vents fixed now I have a new leak. Just checked back passenger side and under the trim on floor it's full of water. That side of truck the corner trim on outside fell off so I think it might be coming from that.

Latest posts

Members online