Water injection tank

04EXSTROKER

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a water/meth injection kit on there Excursions? I am just wondering where a good tank mounting location would be.

2000XLifted

Reaction score
I have a Cooling Mist 7 gallon tank on the interior wall just ahead of the jack storage door. it will just clear the 3rd row when installed. I strapped it to the wall and ran the water line out the bottom of the tank then into the jack storage area then through the floor up to the engine.

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
I need more than 7gals of water and I regularly use 100% of my cargo area... Planning to put a tank outboard of the frame on passenger-side the length of running board. Considering using 8" dia PVC pipe as a cheap n easy solution!!?? :shocked:

STROKER

Reaction score
I believe labante sells a tank that mounts on thei frame for fords, when I boutght a kit from him a few years ago he measured my truck and said he was designing them

TARM

Reaction score
Run it along the frame rail or if you look right infront of the rear axle you will see you have a ton of dead space across the whole body frame to frame. You could run a sch 30 6-8" pipe frame rail to frame rail possibly there as I do not think the drive shaft would come close even sitting on the bump stops. Then run a fill port to one of a few locations. One woudl be to look for a drain plug in the floor pan of the cargo area. I have not looked but I know most have them at various places. You could run hose to that and mount a bulk head fitting there. The other is come off the end and run up to the fuel door and mount a bulk head fitting right next to the fuel port inside the door. Run a small secondary hose as to allow for air displacement and you could fill it fast.

Spindrift

Reaction score
I had a meth kit on my Suburban and mounted the tank along the frame rail...no different than my current Ex. Cut a hole in the floor directly under the seat and filled it with a hose at truck stops while on long trips. I got some pretty crazy looks.

Latest posts

Members online