ambient temp sensor explanation

CZSP-01

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new. I have a 2015 ford f250 lariat diesel. The issue i'm having in when my truck sits out in the sun for several hours and then i remote start it. Like this morning. arrived at the pistol range at 8am. ambient temp was 76 degrees. 4 hours later i remote start the truck when the ambient temp is around 92 degrees. the AC comes on but the fan doesn't increase to cool the cab down like it used to when i first got the truck. now i get in and put the key in and turn it on. The temp on the dashboard stays at 76 for about 20-25 minutes before it changes to the actual outside temp. Now, when we go eat lunch and i turn the truck off the ambient temp is 92 so when i get back into the truck and start it the ac immediately kicks on high and rapidly cools the cab down. Two weeks ago i had the oil changed and they checked everything and said it was fine. I have two questions. How long is it supposed to take for the dashboard temp to change to the true ambient outside temp after starting the truck? and, if i change the ambient temp sensor myself do i have to get the computer reprogrammed or can i just change it out. Thanks for any and all help.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
There is a delay in the sensor reading changing. Typically the vehicle needs to be moving to see a rapid temp change, as this will not cause goofy readings while sitting in traffic and what not. Its not so much an issue with the 6.7s, as the sensor is in the passenger mirror, but the ones in the engine compartment would start reading 200+ degrees, so its a deal in the programming to keep people from freaking out.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online