Valley drain tube?

Reaction score
I've always thought this was a good idea. I was looking at MeTo's buid pics and saw this. Has anyone seen or built one before? T-444# part or custom?

attachment.jpg

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
might be easier to just not have leaks in the valley. its just some orings up there needing replaced

Reaction score
Response on the photo of MeTo's engine with valley drain tube posted above:

The valley drain tube is just a 3/8" 90 degree elbow and about 10" of tubing. The elbow is a little unique in that it has a 1/2" fitting rib (see pic) soldered on the outside of the 3/8" elbow solder connection that goes into the valley drain hole. That feature provides a very snug (tapped it in with a hammer) fit in the valley hole. I did put some red Loctite on it to ensure a good seal. Because I extended the tube into the drain hole in the bottom of the block, the tube can't go anywhere. The rear cover on the back of the block also protrudes over the tube, thereby eliminating the possibility of the elbow vibrating out of the valley drain hole. That tube is very secure!

Reaction score
Yeah but a hpo line can blow

Or the rear cover of the HPOP can pop out in my case. Drained nearly ALL the oil into the valley in a few seconds.............and contaminated the clutch so it would then slip over 15 psi boost and it was a nearly new CONO Southbend.
Worth a little time to fab up in my opinion!

Wouldn't work for the average work vehicle but I have always kept my engines spotless so keeping the tube clean would not be an issue. Specially now that I will be T4 and electric fuel.

Latest posts

Members online