Twin Hauler gets some upgrades

bordo380

Reaction score
5224ad3b82ee43173d38168e5b9e5b31.jpg
7b61ebb754d37860230f7e4484fff904.jpg

You have great taste. I did a lot of similar things.
I wish I had that newer model bumper/cover.
I'm saving up for some nice off set wheels to get the stance a little wider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
New front end parts and 2015 rear bumper came in. Didn't unpack them all, but the new grill and headlights look good.

Header panel should be here later this week and then the front end will be ready to go.

Talking with retro solutions and believe I will be swapping all lights on the truck to led. Including the ones that will go in the 2016 king ranch steps that I purchased today to replace the wore out stock ones.

I'm getting the itch to start working on this thing the larger my pile of parts gets. Going to be tough waiting a couple more months to tear into this thing.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Ordered all new LEDs from retro solutions. Also ordered a light bar for front bumper from strobes and more.

Inj cores go out this week. Got everything but the shocks and sway bars. Have to put it all together and get some measurments to make sure the custom shocks are correct.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You'll need the angled pieces from your old header panel that support the center of the header panel. My frontend went together easy enough but getting the bumper pad onto the bumper was a ***kin whore! Lay the pad and support pieces for the pad out in the sun for an hour. And have some extra hands, clamps ready.

I c clamped the bumper to a bench and went to town.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
You'll need the angled pieces from your old header panel that support the center of the header panel. My frontend went together easy enough but getting the bumper pad onto the bumper was a ***kin whore! Lay the pad and support pieces for the pad out in the sun for an hour. And have some extra hands, clamps ready.

I c clamped the bumper to a bench and went to town.

Ya I did one last week for my neighbors truck after he saw what I ordered. Took 2 of us to get the bumper all assembled but putting the plastic in front of my torpedo heater for a few mins really helped.

Just made it even hotter in the shop LOL Was 88* outside that day.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea it was 90 the day i did mine. Half hour on the asphalt driveway and it was like a cooked noodle. Id have loved to have an extra set of hands.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
And it is on!! Just picked up a "spare" Ex with no motor or trans that I plan to strip down. Will be adding all the 05 suspension to this frame and getting everything painted. Then will swap that frame under my Ex so I can minimize down time. Also will put the forged rod motor and trans in new frame before swapping it under my Ex.

Will be picking up Ex this evening and will post picks. Tear down will start tonight or this weekend depending how long it takes to get it home.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Oh ***k yes....then you dont have to piss around quite as much as fixin what you got. It sucks, i just did it in April.

Latest posts

Members online