What would you do?

Swamppr0

Reaction score
I have a 2008 f250 6.4 4x4. Bought it with 112,000 miles and was babied. Now have 125,000. I have 5" straight exhaust, s&b intake, full ******, bulletproof oil cooler and filter related and water system. Currently running *******/patriot tuning.

Putting it in shop and getting it studded and manifolds planed. Also looking at wastegate and bov. Changing tuning system as well.

What else would you do while cab is off and such?

Harley-6.4

Reaction score
You can do countless things, what is your main goal, street performance, tow pig, or being reliable. Also how much money do you want to spend

Swamppr0

Reaction score
Thanks. Want street performance and reliability. Yeah, I know it's a tough mix. It's my daily driver but may start using a company vehicle more. Let's say 10,000 limit

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Umm new lifters and a new cam for sure. New rockers. Delipped pistons

Then also pick up another used engine and start building that one too. 6.4s don't last long, even 5 figure builds blow up all the time.

Swamppr0

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Been thinking hard of building one for down the road.

Harley-6.4

Reaction score
I would recommend getting 60 or 100% over injector nozzles from River City Diesel, and a lift pump installed to get some power, also if you keep the Patriot Tuning you can put all of your mods when you edit the tune.

sootie

Reaction score
I would recommend getting 60 or 100% over injector nozzles from River City Diesel, and a lift pump installed to get some power, also if you keep the Patriot Tuning you can put all of your mods when you edit the tune.
Horrible advice

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
If nothings wrong why are you studding it?

If you’re really about it I say definitely replace the lifters, pushrods, rockers, and bridges, probably get a head job and get the heads o ringed if your machine shop can do it.
Then for fun parts i’d go cams, maybe elite turbos, 6.0 manifold kit, single wall down pipe, ported intake manifold, upgraded intercooler and/or intercooler piping, maybe a bov. None of these are gonna do anything to put your engine at more risk, but it’ll be freer flowing, better sounding, better running, and get some power bumps. Keep stock fuel and you’ll stay pretty safe.

Latest posts

Members online