2015 vs 2020

superpsd

Reaction score
I heard the 10 speed transmission in the 20s will be a joint venture between Ford and GM.

Tell me it ain’t true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

True story. GM is using the same tramsmission essentially but with a few differences. I read Ford took the lead on the project. They have both already been using variants if the 10 speed for the last couple of years.

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I heard the 10 speed transmission in the 20s will be a joint venture between Ford and GM.

Tell me it ain’t true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Nope, that is true. And the 10 speed in the f150s is the biggest pile of ****... Doesnt seem to be doing too well in the mustangs either. They said there will be some changes to the superduty 10 speed, but we'll see how it works I reckon...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Nope, that is true. And the 10 speed in the f150s is the biggest pile of ****... Doesnt seem to be doing too well in the mustangs either. They said there will be some changes to the superduty 10 speed, but we'll see how it works I reckon...

Why *** with a good thing. Leave the 6r in it and leave it alone. Lol

live life full throttle

08Monster

Reaction score
Cause it was working too well. Gotta have something for the engineers to do. LOL

Always room for improvement, there is always something better. The economy is so **** on these Ford's compared to the counterparts, they have to do something. I hate Duramax and Cummins but they will both destroy a Ford in mileage.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Always room for improvement, there is always something better. The economy is so **** on these Ford's compared to the counterparts, they have to do something. I hate Duramax and Cummins but they will both destroy a Ford in mileage.

True, but the problem I see I guess is they get great fuel mileage on the back of s tiw truck...

08Monster

Reaction score
Bingo. ^^^^
Simple. Start doing it "black market" style. No phone communication, no brick and mortar address, and customers paying with Bitcoin. 100% untraceable.

I guess we will see what happens, I'm definitely not concerned for the future of tuning.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Simple. Start doing it "black market" style. No phone communication, no brick and mortar address, and customers paying with Bitcoin. 100% untraceable.

I guess we will see what happens, I'm definitely not concerned for the future of tuning.

Ok.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ckrueg

Reaction score

My 16 gets the best mpg of all the diesels I've driven. I've been averaging 18-20 this year. That's all hand calculated too.

DaCajun

Reaction score
The 2020 Powerstroke will make 490hp and 1015 ft. lbs. of torque!!!

Now take that Fiat, put it in your pipe and smoke it!!! :ford:

DaCajun

Reaction score
Got an article?

I do not. I received this from an inside source who says it's pretty reliable information, but we'll have to wait to see for sure. I'd like to be greedy and see Ford just go right to the 500 horsepower mark.... But I'm sure it'll get there sooner or later!!!

ckrueg

Reaction score
They will wait until Chevy and dodge up theirs a little, then bump theirs just over that like in 2011 lol

superpsd

Reaction score
They will likely crack the barrier even if it is delayed a year or two as the competition is still far from 500.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
@08Monster: Yep....BUT I'm sure my "inside source" (internet article) is the same as someone else that posted that info.

LMAO

Latest posts

Members online