DDM HID Kits

quicksilver11

Reaction score
DDM

Anyone have experience with this company? They come recommended from a member on another board who's in the lighting industry. Trying to decide between these and the retro's.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Go retro. I have a DDM kit, it has been crap for me. Took over a month to get to me too. Wish I had the Retro Solutions kit

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
we got a guy in the shop that swears by DDM. i might try them just for the price. ive also heard a lot of bads from retro lately. but anything ive ever bought from them has been top of the line quality and theyre customer service is second to none.

onebad7.3

Reaction score
I ordered a kit from DDM for my snow plow. It took roughly two weeks to get here, the package came straight from China. Everything hooked up and worked just like it should, who knows for how long though. I've talked to a few people running them in the snow plows and everyone is happy.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I have had 2 sets of DDM hid kits. The first set I was very happy with. The second not so much. Too cheap on wiring to really tuck things in nice. An extra 6" would be great. I had to replace both bulbs in the first two weeks. Im looking to Retros. I knew I would have problems when the packing tape was in chinese. The product dosnt have the same quality.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I have had 2 sets of DDM hid kits. The first set I was very happy with. The second not so much. Too cheap on wiring to really tuck things in nice. An extra 6" would be great. I had to replace both bulbs in the first two weeks. Im looking to Retros. I knew I would have problems when the packing tape was in chinese. The product dosnt have the same quality.

Thats what she said.

Either way I have a retro kit in my truck and have installed several other retro kits in friend's vehicles. Theyve all been awesome, and the customer service from jason @ g racing is unbelievable. I will never deal with anyone else.

Pmac21

Reaction score
I have the DDM kit in my truck and have installed them on three other trucks. They all have worked out fine. Wiring is simple and easy. I've had mine installed for about 5-6 months worry free.

STRAIGHTSTROKEN04

Reaction score
i have had ddm in my truck for a year, year and a half no issues. Have friends with them also. They get my vote as well.

F-117HWK

Reaction score
Personally I would want to try to support the site vendors when possible. Plus the customer service by G-Racing and Retro has always been stellar.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I have a Retro Kit. Nice easy install and customer service has been great. no issues with these lights for me

Krazykmainor

Reaction score
I have a set of DDM in my four wheeler for over a year now, that are constantly seeing mud and water and havent had any issues, and I also have a set in my truck that have been in there for a couple months now. Guess we will see how long they hold up.

But like OneBad7.3 said, the packaging was from China and it took them 2 weeks to get here.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I have had nothing but trouble with ddm kits bulbs dont last and there hi low kits are junk the bulbs arnt held in there bracket well at all. Id recommend just shelling out the money for retro. DDM's customer service sucks to say the least. They have never even got back to me when i had questions or tried to use there warrenty.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Go for the retros, DDM may be alright, but their customer service and company policies are horrible. I got one, it had a bad bulb immediately out of the box. Took a picture and sent it to them and they said ok send it back, we will test it, then we will send you a replacement. Oh and did i mention I would have to pay for all the shipping? I'm not talking a malfunctioning bulb, im talking a bulb with grey RTV all over it the minute I got it out of the box. Told them I'd like my money back and ordered retro the next day.

Retro's customer service is top notch, and they ship fast. Ordered on a tuesday had it by thursday. Just facing a wiring issue now I believe, however I think it is due to it being bumped around when we were working on my truck.

chappy

Reaction score
I have two friends that both have ddm kits for the chevys. Both are happy with them but both complained that it took two weeks to get here and they were both from china. No problems with them though so far. One kits a year old the other a couple months.

chappy

Reaction score
I will add I had a ballast go out on my retro kit. I had to complain a little bit but they took care of me. They wanted me to pay a deposit and ship mine back and test it. It kept shutting off and sometimes would try to light but would not always. Got the new ballast and no problems but they said my ballast tested good and that was the only time I would get my deposit back if something tests good. I don't know how it did since the new one works great.

00Rich

Reaction score
I will add I had a ballast go out on my retro kit. I had to complain a little bit but they took care of me. They wanted me to pay a deposit and ship mine back and test it. It kept shutting off and sometimes would try to light but would not always. Got the new ballast and no problems but they said my ballast tested good and that was the only time I would get my deposit back if something tests good. I don't know how it did since the new one works great.

That's the same issue I had with mine that was 3years ago and i never saw a new ballast from them they keep telling me it was fine but it never worked right out of the box hook up another ballast from another kit and the lights worked fine ended up throwing that kit from retros solutions in the garbage and got the kit from ddm tuning and couldn't be happier

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I have them in the Dually (35W Fogs and 55W Low and High Beam), headlights of the Rhino (35W Low Only) and headlights of a Tacoma (55W Low and High Beam). Been great. I even had to use the warranty on one of the Rhino Ballasts and was pretty painless.
Just FYI, HID's are really finicky to wiring so I would suggest to use relays and good grounds.

Latest posts

Members online