best bang for the buck gauges?

Pstroke96

Reaction score
im planing on getting a set of gauges for my truck soon, trans temp boost any pyro, maybe a fourth depending. i dont want to spend a ton of money but im willing to spend some more for a higher quality gauge
im also debating between a factory matching gauge or a white face so pictures of both installed would be nice

thanks guys!

genie144

Reaction score
My set of Autometer Ultralites... Won't find better price. My opinion they are the best compromise between a good looking gauge without silly bling (chrome surround, etc)...

I don't think you would be disspointed in either Autometer or Isspro.

Sam

psdguy95

Reaction score
I have glowshifts. Fuel pressure, EGT, boost, trans. There the 7 color tinted series. My buddy has the white face ones. I love them. My buddy likes them too. I will get pics later for you. I paid $335 for my whole set. I got them from complete performance.

SDstroker

Reaction score
I went from glowshift to autometer cobalts to Isspro EV2. Will be sticking with the EV2's

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Best for the $$ Isspro EV1's IMO hands down..we sell them and Autometer but Isspro's..IMO much better. PM me if I can help

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
EV1's much less costly than EV2's. 1's have more wires to run but really takes the same time to install..to do a neat clean 3 guage pillar install just figure 3 hours. EV2's Daisy chain together and have led lights that need a separate dimmer if you want control..

Denver

Reaction score
Get the quality stuff the first time around. I have Autometers then went to Danin Pricols. The old man has isspros and have been great for 3+ years. I love the Danins. Easy to read and look good. The auto meters just look to basic and don't light up to well.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
what is the difference in the EV1 and EV2 gauges? ill be in touch with you shortly

EV1's much less costly than EV2's. 1's have more wires to run but really takes the same time to install..to do a neat clean 3 guage pillar install just figure 3 hours. EV2's Daisy chain together and have led lights that need a separate dimmer if you want control..

Incorrect. You do NOT need a seperate dimmer for the EV2's. They dim just find tied into the factory dimmer switch.

The EV2's delete the AMP boxs that are needed on the tranny temp and pyro of the EV1's.

The EV2's have a much less deep cup so they can be installed in areas that a standard gauge would not fit.

The EV2's light up much cleaner, and when you turn the lights on they come up and go down slowly, like theater lighting.

The EV2's are 5 times easier to install and a fully electric gauge, no boost line to run or worry about.

The EV2's can be had with the new warning lights (Pyro, fuel pressure and oil pressure for now, more coming on day by day) for just a few bucks more...

The EV2 is just a better gauge then the EV1's.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Yes they are controled by the stock dimmer but since they are LED's they are bright..IMO you need the additional dimmer if you want to match the brightness of the dash lights.

I never said they were not a better guage..they should be for the extra cost over the EV1's.

STROKER

Reaction score
Imo glowshifts are hard to read during the day, I really like my ultralites easy to read and reasonably priced

KPSquared

Reaction score
I have Glow Sh*t gauges. They work fine... For now. I got them for so cheap I couldn't say no. (Like $120 including pillar for pyro, boost and tranny). They look super cheap, even compared to the basic autometers. They don't have a good history for reliability and the customer service in complete crap. You get what you pay for. Takes these guys advice and get some EV2's. They make my glowshifts look like they came from Toys R Us...

I have no problem reading mine during the day, but they are the 7 color white face.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I have Glow Sh*t gauges. They work fine... For now. I got them for so cheap I couldn't say no. (Like $120 including pillar for pyro, boost and tranny). They look super cheap, even compared to the basic autometers. They don't have a good history for reliability and the customer service in complete crap. You get what you pay for. Takes these guys advice and get some EV2's. They make my glowshifts look like they came from Toys R Us...

I have no problem reading mine during the day, but they are the 7 color white face.

I have heard some similiar stories about quality issues, but i heard different about the customer service. I actually heard they have great customer service...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yes they are controled by the stock dimmer but since they are LED's they are bright..IMO you need the additional dimmer if you want to match the brightness of the dash lights.

I never said they were not a better guage..they should be for the extra cost over the EV1's.

Confused... Send you a PM...

Latest posts

Members online