SPE CCV kit

cappa

Reaction score
If anyone has one off, would you mind taking a picture of the inlet of the vent plate? Just wondering if there is some sort of fancy oil separator in the vent? That's the only way I would think you would get no oil loss.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Ordered one but it’s on backorder...not sure if it’ll be there by the time I get home or not but if it is I’ll snap you a pic.

alewis

Reaction score
I’ll snap some pics when I get back home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alewis

Reaction score
Haven’t had time yet... new baby has me busy at night when I can usually get to wrenching.

But here’s a pic of the piece that comes off of the valve cover...
e17469b0bc4e0b481ffcfbe1601030a0.jpg
305786f34c5a7286d50e5ae49fb3b0e2.jpg

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
I don’t see how that would stop oil from going past

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I am burning a bunch of oil do to blow by out the ccv now without the box. vented to exhaust with a scavenger. I need about a quart or more(closer to 2) every 5k miles with the oil filter swap out. any update with this ccv vent? I might need to modify a stock box if not...

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I get out shy of 3 gallons on just draining the pan. Then the filter is loaded with old oil...then there is the oil left in the motor. I'm filling with 13 qts and a new filter....no issues with a CCV ****** at all.

So you are collecting the oil (in a way as above) and still seeing like 10qts on a drain??

bpan

Reaction score
Looks like a nice kit, I'd be curious to know as well. My 11 had the No Limit kit, and I got quite a bit of smoke and oil coming out. I'd like to do something better on my '17.

alewis

Reaction score
Sorry still haven’t had time to install it but I plan to do it and change oil week after next. I will monitor oil consumption and let y’all know.

alewis

Reaction score
Finally got it put in... will report back in a few thousand miles on oil loss, etc.

So far, can fumes are a little annoying but hopefully I can figure out how to stop that IMG_2180.jpgIMG_2179.jpgIMG_2181.jpg

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
How bad are the fumes my 6.4 was bad I got tired of explaining what it was

alewis

Reaction score
I'll let you know in a few days after I do some driving. I didn't notice it on the way to work this morning but we shall see...

alewis

Reaction score
Fumes aren’t bad... they only get in the cab if you open the door and the wind is wrong

Latest posts

Members online