Refill

Kbert

Reaction score
Whats up Army! This is my first post and hoping to get some good feedback.

I have a coolant leak and I am pretty sure it is at one of the oil cooler hoses. Yall know where the oil cooler is and understand that I would have to drain pretty much all of the coolant.

Question: Are you able to refill and "burp" the engine? Or do you have to use a vacuum refill kit?

I have heard you cannot "burp" the coolant systems. But I also see a lot of guys doing their own refills. I have searched all over Army without finding an answer.

Thanks.

08Monster

Reaction score

I have a coolant leak and I am pretty sure it is at one of the oil cooler hoses. Yall know where the oil cooler is and understand that I would have to drain pretty much all of the coolant.

Question: Are you able to refill and "burp" the engine? Or do you have to use a vacuum refill kit?

I have heard you cannot "burp" the coolant systems. But I also see a lot of guys doing their own refills. I have searched all over Army without finding an answer.

Thanks.
I've filled tons of systems and never had an issue with just filling from the overflow.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score

Thanks.
Ive filled them both ways. Ford is an ass hole and makes us reuse coolant on warranty jobs, so they get vacuum refilled. Customer pay jobs, I just dump fresh stuff in the degas, drive it, and then top it off to about an inch over full, tends to settle in right where it belongs when cold.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

RyanD

Reaction score
I swapped both radiators two years ago and just refilled from the degas, let it idle with the caps off, refilled as necessary, and it was fine. I maybe topped it off twice in the week after that. All good since.

Kbert

Reaction score
I figured it would be similar to other vehicles. Run, bubbles, fill and repeat.

Thanks guys.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Hammer down on it get some rpms up. Perfect way to burp the system.. lol. I have done a couple radiator swaps on my old 6.7 with zero issue just filling from the degas bottle and letting it idle. Put a couple heat cycles on it and check it the next day or so and top off..

Are you 110% sure its the oil cooler lines and not the famous cracked radiator?

live life full throttle

Kbert

Reaction score
Hammer down on it get some rpms up. Perfect way to burp the system.. lol. I have done a couple radiator swaps on my old 6.7 with zero issue just filling from the degas bottle and letting it idle. Put a couple heat cycles on it and check it the next day or so and top off..

Are you 110% sure its the oil cooler lines and not the famous cracked radiator?

live life full throttle

I had the radiator replaced a few months ago. One of the oil cooler whose has fresh fluid and gunk from leaking. I also have some residue from what I am pretty sure is a leaky turbo fitting.

My truck is a 2011 and this one of many items I need to address/ fix.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I had the radiator replaced a few months ago. One of the oil cooler whose has fresh fluid and gunk from leaking. I also have some residue from what I am pretty sure is a leaky turbo fitting.

My truck is a 2011 and this one of many items I need to address/ fix.
Ahh 10-4

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online