Blackstone Labs Feedback Not From Me

jimdawg185

Reaction score
This was from an Amsoil Dealer who I was reading on Bookface. I've had this conversation with a few of you about this very same issue. And I am willing to discuss it via PM or text. But here is what I read....

For those of you who have had their oil tested using Blackstone Labs, here's some facts to keep in mind:
1. They don't test for oxidation, which is important when testing oils at longer intervals.
2. They don't test actually for fuel dilution. In fact, I have oil analysis from Polaris showing 4.4%, and an oil sample from the same drain sent to Blackstone showing less than 0.5% fuel dilution. Blackstone estimates based on flash point, while Polaris Labs tests using gas chromatography.
3. Blackstone charges $10 extra to test for TBN (Total Base Number). Polaris Labs includes it free of charge, in addition to a return shipping label.
This was pointed out on NASIOC, the president of Blackstone Labs joined the forum and blasted personal attacks. Two used oil analysis were posted proving to him that they fail at testing fuel dilution, and he refused to respond to any posts from that point forward.
Oil Analyzers Inc is AMSOIL's private label for Polaris Labs analysis kits. Among other private label customers are Conoco-Phillips, Ingersoll-Rand, Allison, and Cummins.
Is that enough reason for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halestorm55

Reaction score
I will definitely be using Polaris from now on that's for sure. Especially after moat of the other findings were consistent besides fuel.

looking up parts

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I seriously was quite naïve about this until your sample. I'm glad LE partners with ISO standard holding companies.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I've used Polaris for years. They had a good fuel dilution program.... unfortunately too good....

Glad to here about the BlackStone labs report. I hate to here that personally I use them personally outside of work.

I have sent off thousands of samples to ExxonMobil now and there program is pretty good and sophisticated.

Thanks for the heads up on BL

Mechcont

Reaction score
Well that's a Bummer I have been using BL for years. Looks like I will be going a different direction in the future.

Thank you for the info.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I will be offering Polaris kits through PSA very soon.

capt dong

Reaction score
I looked on polaris' site. Doesnt seem as simple as requesting free sample kits and submitting them for 35 dollars like. Would like to try. Maybe ill call.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I sell them. So if you want to try them out I can hook you up.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
What do they run?

Depends on how many you want to buy. Singles are 15$ for basic and 25$ for advanced. That comes with my my personal report on top of the lab report. I'm a CLS and MLA level 2. As well as knowing a lot about these engines so I add a lot of value to the equation. If you want to but 10 packs, the price is 112.50 for basic and 190.00 for advanced.

michaelite

Reaction score
Well now I feel like I don't know what's going on with my truck now. I'll be interested in this deal when it's available. I've had no reports come back with fuel dilution, I thought I was good. Thanks for the info.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Well now I feel like I don't know what's going on with my truck now. I'll be interested in this deal when it's available. I've had no reports come back with fuel dilution, I thought I was good. Thanks for the info.

It's caused me as an oil nerd a lot of frustration as well because I'm trying to nail down a good solid pm's for guys with bad data. Drives me nuts until I sampled the same oil from the same truck at two different labs. I've depended on Polaris and they have always been good, so I just assumed Blackstone or any of the others would be too. I was wrong.

Shoot me a text and I'll hook you up.

616-460-9949

My09Ride

Reaction score
I may also be interested. I just had an analysis done about 1500 miles ago, thru BL, and did not change oil. I came back good.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
text you for the kits? or pm me your payment info as I'm ready for some to see how this new built motors running. Thanks, Jayson.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Text me. Then we can talk on the phone about your needs.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
FYI, I called them and asked if they were an ASTM certified lab. They are not.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.