Engine shake

Daniel7567

Reaction score
I have checked everything but injectors and glow plugs on this truck and now this morning it will not start, it turns over and acts like it wants to start but no go, I shot stating fluid into it and it starts and runs great for a few seconds and then dies, so it is a fuel related issue from what I am gathering, I have checked for water in the fuel and nothing, checked fuel filter and pressure and all good, the only sensors I have not checked are the ICP sensor because I do not have a crows foot to take it out and I have not checked the IPR as of yet.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Shake going away at 70 is usually a dead hole. At least it has been for me every time I’ve had a bad wire or dead injector.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
No I always make sure I put diesel in my truck
Did someone else put gas in it? I struggled for a few days on a guys truck that had similar symptoms and everything checked out. Pumped fuel out of the bowl and lit it on fire with a match...... ummmmm, diesel fuel will not light with a match.. its snuffs it out. Didnt smell like gas but it had enough in it to light it.. he went through his debit card transactions to find the time and day he got his fuel last and called the station. They said he spent this much and pumped in like 15 gallons of 87 GASOLINE!

drained the tank and fuel system. Put fresh diesel in it and it fired up and purred like a kitten and ran great after that. Lol... smh.....

live life full throttle

Daniel7567

Reaction score
Everything has checked out good so far, all relays are good HPOP is good, all fuses are good. The truck turns over and wants to start like a gasoline engine that is flooded but will not fire, Starts just fine with either and runs great but will not start on it's own almost sound like fuel pump is to weak to push enough fuel to it. Any idea's will be nice. Thanks Guys.

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
When I put my engine back together, the fuel in the tank had sat for about 18months, and when i got it all back together it wouldn't start, you would hear it trying to fire, but never could actually get it GOING, you know? Took me 2 days of cranking and cranking to finally drain the fuel and put a fresh 5 gallons in it. Fired right up.

Daniel7567

Reaction score
2002 7.3 Powerstroke F350 super duty

Ok guys I have checked everything with this truck, I have not checked the injectors with a buzz test I do not have a computer to do so and it has been to cold out to work on it with no heated garage here in Central Wisconsin. I have changed the Fuel Filter, the CPS, ICP, checked HPOP, everything checks out good even fuses and relays. I am going to hopefully get the IPR changed this week if the weather holds and stays a but warmer than 20 degrees. But I am also leaning towards a weak fuel pump or the IDM or even PCM but those are big bucks just like injectors and I cannot afford that right now. But like I said it starts and runs great when I shoot starting fluid into it other wise nothing, just cranks over and tries to start like a flooded gasoline motor, I have checked my fuel also and it i s not gasoline either. Any idea would be a great help guys.

Daniel7567

Reaction score
Hey everyone thank you so much for all the suggestions, I finally got the truck running but now it has a lack of acceleration upon take off from a stop at stop sign or backing out of drive, and also still has a little shake in the motor. But in order to get it started I still have shoot a **** of ether into it and it finally fires and stay running. Any other suggestions would be great.

Daniel7567

Reaction score
Ok guys I have done most of what you all have suggested, but I was driving truck yesterday and on the way home, the truck shifted rather hard and then all the sudden motor started clattering real loud and blowing white and black smoke out exhaust, pulled in driveway and let run for a few secs and shut it down looked behind the truck and there is black soot from tail pipe all over the snow. Any answers to this one? I am guessing I either dropped a Rod, cylinder, or the Passenger side injectors just failed.

6.7smokesignals

Reaction score
you can do a contribution test and buzz test with forscan lite app from your phone and bluetooh/wifi adapter,

start with basics, check ipr nut, check blowby. does it shake the same warm or cold?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Cracked injector tip sounds likely. Or copper washer. Probably just in one hole. If it is a cracked tip you may have low fuel pressure. The only way you’ll know if it is a cracked tip is by pulling them and checking the tips and copper washers.

gostrider

Reaction score
I hope you get your truck fixed and post it here. Ive got one that's doing the very same thing intermittently. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your time

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online