SCT SOTF (Shift on the fly) GH/AS REVIEW

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Plus mine never leaves race tune unless im towing the 5th wheel. So i literally need two positions.

Jomax

Reaction score
Im guessing the safe route is to load the tune first, then install the switch?

I installed the switch first As I didn't get the tunes right away. Just left it unplugged.

I'd just install the switch first, then load up the tune. If you really want to load up the tune first then the switch. Just to be safe, I wouldn't drive the truck till the switch is installed. I don't know if there's a fail safe if the switch fails or isn't installed, to automatically go to the stock tune. You'd have to ask Mike that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95cobby

Reaction score
Cool! Don't forget to remove the fender liner to fish the wire through the firewall. Makes life easier.

Yup, you can remove the one bolt that's on frame closest to firewall and pull the liner back far enough to reach your arm up in there.. that's what I did instead of taking the whole liner out.

Also, is it just me or do these sotf tunes smoke a lot more than the normal single tunes without sotf?

BigRed97

Reaction score
I only get smoke from mine once every few days, and it seems to when I don't let it warm up for a few minutes...acts like the vanes are sticking for a few seconds then it's fine..might do it 2 or 3 times then all is good

I part of me wishes I didn't spend the extra on the SOTF....its never come out of the high tune

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Jomax, you have your switch plugged into the CAC, correct? If so, can you see what your CAC temps are on 1-5? I have a switch thru someone else and want to verify that my readings are right with the AS/GH sotf tunes.

Thanks!!!

NC714

Reaction score
I want SOTF! I have a SCT X4 that was with the truck when I purchased it. It has IDP tunes on it. Its a 2015 F-350 6.7, it went on a diet pretty early in its life. What are my options for getting into a SOTF setup??

Jomax

Reaction score
Jomax, you have your switch plugged into the CAC, correct? If so, can you see what your CAC temps are on 1-5? I have a switch thru someone else and want to verify that my readings are right with the AS/GH sotf tunes.

Thanks!!!

Temp didn't work, it showed like 60degrees or something close to that as a default I assume?. Switch is plugged into the CACT sensor hole.

Right now I'm back to my old race tune. My truck is a finicky pig. Computer didn't like the CACT sensor being unplugged as the fuel rail temp sensor was going crazy not seeing it. Mike is fixing it, so until then I'm back to my old reliable tune.

I do miss the SOTF though!

Jomax

Reaction score
I want SOTF! I have a SCT X4 that was with the truck when I purchased it. It has IDP tunes on it. Its a 2015 F-350 6.7, it went on a diet pretty early in its life. What are my options for getting into a SOTF setup??

Call Mike at No limit.

Kenz

Reaction score
Just wondering how the SOTF is working for everyone? Are the SOTF tunes the same as the regular. I have GH and want SOTF, but haven't been entirely impressed with the shifting. Not bad, but wondering if there is something better? Thinking about trying a test file from Cale. Is the SOTF control the same for both?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just wondering how the SOTF is working for everyone? Are the SOTF tunes the same as the regular. I have GH and want SOTF, but haven't been entirely impressed with the shifting. Not bad, but wondering if there is something better? Thinking about trying a test file from Cale. Is the SOTF control the same for both?

knob is the same. we are the exclusive supplier of the cact switch for gh and tyrant. hit me up if you wanna try a file from cale and get a switch.

COF350

Reaction score
Temp didn't work, it showed like 60degrees or something close to that as a default I assume?. Switch is plugged into the CACT sensor hole.

Right now I'm back to my old race tune. My truck is a finicky pig. Computer didn't like the CACT sensor being unplugged as the fuel rail temp sensor was going crazy not seeing it. Mike is fixing it, so until then I'm back to my old reliable tune.

I do miss the SOTF though!

I'm having the same problem, getting a PO181 code after installing switch and SOTF tunes. I'll be calling NL Monday morning.

TexAg56

Reaction score
Jomax did you ever get your truck back with sotf? Just wondering why I never got the code yall got lol. Been running it for a while and everything has been fine, although I never take it out of level 5 unless I decide to start fking around with it, which doesn't last long before its back on 5. Just wondering if their is a newer sotf tune out

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Jomax did you ever get your truck back with sotf? Just wondering why I never got the code yall got lol. Been running it for a while and everything has been fine, although I never take it out of level 5 unless I decide to start fking around with it, which doesn't last long before its back on 5. Just wondering if their is a newer sotf tune out

it's possible to get a code in position 1 , some trucks get it , some dont. it'll show as an open circuit to the pcm and read negative temp. we're working on the switch as we speak, its being custom built for us now, whereas before it was using a somewhat existing board with our custom temps ( resistances) built in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.