14 wides with 12.50 tires

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't take my truck off road. I like for it to be and stay clean. Underside as well as outside.

Does that make me less of a man? LOL

Maybe lol I don't see the point of spending that money to not use it or to look. " cool"

HighOn22's

Reaction score
22x12.25 with 37/13.50/22's. I'd actually like a little bubble to protect the rim more.

IMG_2729_zps6e3d661f.jpg

IMG_4171_zps574fd7f9.jpg

For some reason I actually like how yours fit a little better than mine. I'm not sure which wheels you're running, but the AF 12" wheels have about a 1" bigger lip than my x11's and also stick out just a little more.

getstroked27

Reaction score
We tried that. It's a small sidewall and the fuel tire is really stiff. On another note, my coworker is missing an eyebrow LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.Warning

Reaction score
We tried that. It's a small sidewall and the fuel tire is really stiff. On another note, my coworker is missing an eyebrow LOL

Are you putting air to it as you light it?

The way I do it is...I use good John Deere ether, spray the tire, instantly hook up the air hose, and lite the flame. I've done that on everything from ATV tires to truck, tractor, semi, to logging tires and it always works.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Gotta have john deere stuff. Bargain part store ether isn't nearly violent enough lol I put 275s on a 10" rim and it took 2 guys holding the tire with an airline hooked up and another guy to hit it with a cheetah. I think 99% of the problem was just the way the inside of the rim was shaped.

getstroked27

Reaction score
LOL we have a ring bead on it. It airs up but the effing ring gets caught up on the bead.... Ugh. Can't win. Looks like more ether it is :)

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I've always used a ratchet strap for tractor tires. Maybe put a strap around the top of the tire, then spray a generous amount of ether around the ring. Good luck with it, that doesn't look fun lol

getstroked27

Reaction score
Trust me man it isn't fun. I tried the strap. No go. Despite my greatest efforts, and yelling chants and abra cadabra, it still won't seat. Oh well. Beer 30

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
What we did is put the rim on the machine and 3 of us twisted and pushed down to try to get the bottom bead to somewhat seat. To the point we were turning the tire machine lol 2 of us held up on the tire as best we could without popping the bottom bead. Had an airline hooked to it and left room to get a cheetah in and we were able to get them to seat. Ether didn't do anything and ratchet strap just caved the tire in. I know tire and rim size are different and from the looks of it you may be dealing with an even stiffer sidewall.

Latest posts

Members online