Fuel system advice

Wickedxrebel

Reaction score
Ready to install a ford reman HPFP into a tuned truck cab on.

Is there a special procedure for mating the gears when installing? Ive read its better to torque the gear bolt to the pump before installing instead of how the manual says to do it. I’m also wanting to remove a banjo stud from the HPFP Anything I need to know about removing those from the pump? What would I torque my new AN style pipe fitting on top of the pump to?

Fuel system to be installed is a freshly cleaned tank with sump which goes to air dog then to a triple port “Y” manifold block and from Y block to high pressure fuel pump with stainless braided lines. The 2 other ports on the Y will have the sensor and pressure gauge.
Return will be from stock head & pump return line (AN fitting replacing banjo on the flexible section) routed to small air to air cooler on frame rail to tank. I can install an electric fan on it if needed. I Will Probly keep the reservoir and cooling system for the turbo actuator for now unless it’s really not needed?

Since the air dog is regulated I don’t see any reason to use a fuel bowl del kit. Unless there is reason to regulate the return? I don’t see that logic at least not with my setup. What would be the best pressure to run the air dog at?

Also installing an Odawg intake manifold. There is a decent bit of EGR sludge and crumbly soot built up in the intake ports of the heads. What is the best way to clean that out without knocking it down to be sucked into the cylinder upon start up?

I found no trace of metal or rust in the fuel system when disassembling etc. so I am gambling and not replacing fuel rails and injectors. Wish me luck!

Latest posts

Members online