Newbie on the Colorado Front Range

hermantile

Reaction score
Being in the diesel market for a year was a serious chore. After much deliberation, and spousal input, I settled on an Excursion. Then the search began in earnest. 7.3 or 6.0? Would only have chosen the 6L if the bulletproofing had been done. So 7.3 it is. Finding one in good shape, with a price I felt was reasonable became the real work. Well, I found it on Black Friday. Test drove on Saturday, brought home for independent inspection on Monday and finalized deal on Tuesday, 2 December 2014. Slowly cleaning things to my liking, and adding what I feel are required aftermarket parts.

So far, I know it climbs like a mountain goat, and can haul a tree!
uploadfromtaptalk1418570279955.jpg

Someone told me there's a couple of must have parts i should keep in the truck. Glow Plug control modules and something else... They say the memory is the first to go. What's your take on must have parts?

Dave

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
don't need to keep an extra gpr in the truck.. if you just measure resistance every year and make sure there is less than 1/4 volt drop across the posts then it should be good. a cps and 10mm wrench or socket in the glove box. keep the fuel filter changed every 15k miles and oil chenged every 5k or less.. pretty easy to keep a 7.3 alive.. only way to kill it is lack of fuel filter changes...

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online