364.5 fmw and 205/75's

04cr450

Reaction score
Hey guys. Currently got my truck apart and adding a bunch of goodies but the two questioned mods are above. Matt wrote me some tunes for it (srlxx full and reduced ). Truck is still apart so have not tried the tunes yet, still waiting on parts and I'm like a kid days before Christmas chopping at the bit. What should I expect out of this setup such as egt wise- run hot? Just trying to get an idea as far as how this setup should feel/ numbers wise. First non vgt setup so I'm clueless on how the truck will act.
injects are new oem ford's from holders.

swinky

Reaction score
Around 630-650hp and 1600-1700 degrees on a full fuel tune.

That's an absolute guess. It should run damn strong though.

04cr450

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks for ur input. Not worried about horsepower numbers just really curious what ICP will be egts etc etc.. I have a brand new oem hpop in so I think ICP will be fine.. Rykan said to not worry

swinky

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks for ur input. Not worried about horsepower numbers just really curious what ICP will be egts etc etc.. I have a brand new oem hpop in so I think ICP will be fine.. Rykan said to not worry
Ehh idk man. I think it'll be good but as soon as that pump starts to get worn out you'll lose pressure. I went 12.6 last night with 190s and a 366 so your truck should scoot!!!

JDub

Reaction score
Does your 64.5 have the 70 or 74 turbine wheel? If it's the 74 to you should make similar power to a 366 but spool and daily drive better.

04cr450

Reaction score
update*** got truck up and operating this evening. I am really surprised on this setup, should have went to non vgt a long time ago. the 64.5 hardly has any lag, or matt at gearhead nailed the tune. this setup compared to my 68mm vgt turbo is the same lag wise but power? the 64.5 bw blows away the 68mm vgt (don't have numbers but truck pulls way way harder with the non vgt).

I am also pleased to see very low egts, I couldn't for the life of me get the egts any higher than 1,260 give or take degrees(gearhead srlxx tune reduced fuel), and cruising is between 490-680 degrees depending on incline. so far I am very pleased with this setup, the sound is killer as well, unique fore sure. Only thing left to do is re position the dp so it stops hitting the frame.

with a regulated return, new hfcm pump, 6.4 hfcm pump, and sump, I hold 60 psi at all times with the holders 205/75 injectors(just some additional info).

JDub

Reaction score
What has been your max boost so far? That turbo should be happiest around 40-psi. With that much fuel, you may want to keep an eye on drive pressure to make sure it stays within reason.

strokin6L

Reaction score
There should be zero issues with back pressure with his setup. I believe he's running a 70mm exhaust wheel and a .90ar housing. I use to run a 64/71/70 t3 setup with an adapter flange and stock y-pipe...max boost at 45psi and ebp at 54psi. His setup with t4 pipes and bigger exhaust housing should have less back pressure than what I saw and flow better. Already sounds like it does!

Last edited:

04cr450

Reaction score
Just one complaint with this setup, I know this is my first non vgt so different style of driving is needed but when the turbo lights it's all or nothing, kind of hard to control... I either spin tires or I'm just easing into the throttle cruising. Is this typical for a non vgt? With the vgt it was easy to keep the turbo boosted but more of a linear power make sense?.

swinky

Reaction score
My 366 is very controllable. I think you just need to get more seat time. I'm very excited to see how mine stacks up against yours.

04cr450

Reaction score
:) me too I'm stoked for sure.. put about 60 miles on it today and getting a better feel for it.. has a lope idle when coasting down to idle - gotta contact matt to raise ICP pressure

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Just one complaint with this setup, I know this is my first non vgt so different style of driving is needed but when the turbo lights it's all or nothing, kind of hard to control... I either spin tires or I'm just easing into the throttle cruising. Is this typical for a non vgt? With the vgt it was easy to keep the turbo boosted but more of a linear power make sense?.

are you going to Delmarva diesels on the may 16th, im curious what the 364 would do # wise

Latest posts

Members online