Coolant issues after Mishimoto rad install

eiorg9

Reaction score
Ok so i am hoping that i will be able to get some answers on here bc im completely lost at this point. I installed a new Mishimoto radiator on my 6.4 which has 160,000 miles to date. I did the install and replaced any part that looked worn out and all the parts that were for sure worn out including the RAD hoses. Upper and lower. When i first put the truck back together and buttoned it up i was having issues with the RAD hoses sealing so i just went ahead and replaced them with the new updated RAD hoses from Ford. Well my truck still was acting completely normal until it would get to about 190 degrees and then would spike all the way to 240 degrees. I returned the upper RAD hose and ford gave me another one in its place ( so that makes 2 new "updated" RAD hoses i have tried). So i got it back buttoned up again today with another brand new set of Thermostats in there and basically the same thing happened. For about 10 minutes my truck felt and ran perfectly normal. Then it would get to 196 Degrees and would spike to 236-242 degrees in a matter of seconds and then i would have water coming out of the top of the degas bottle which tells me the PSI is getting WAY to high. So when i got home i noticed that the upper rad hose, where it connects to the Mishimoto radiator, had about a quarter inch of play in it and wasnt sealing correctly. Since i have literally replaced every other thing, i just dont know what else it could be. I called Mishimoto and sent them a video of what i have just explained and did not hear back from them at all. Hopefully i will tomorrow but as i sit here, without a drive-able truck, im just really questioning going with a Mishimoto Radiator as i never had these problems before making the switch. I have really loved the Mishimoto brand and im sure this problem could be fixed with their new silicone RAD hoses but they are $550 and i cant do it right now espescially after dropping $225 on these new "updated" hoses from Ford. But since there is SO much wiggle room im about convinced that Mishimoto made their radiator to fit their RAD hoses which i was assured before buying the radiator that that was not the case. Im just beyond frustrated with the entire thing but has anyone else had an issue like this or does anyone else have any advice they can give me as to what else it could be. I was planning on buying a new Intercooler from Mishimoto next week but now i dont know what to do bc of this situation. Any and all help will be VERY much appreciated!

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
You sound like your truck is air locked.

You bled the air out correct?

Try parking with the nose of your truck on something to elevate it. This will help force the air out.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Ok so i am hoping that i will be able to get some answers on here bc im completely lost at this point. I installed a new Mishimoto radiator on my 6.4 which has 160,000 miles to date. I did the install and replaced any part that looked worn out and all the parts that were for sure worn out including the RAD hoses. Upper and lower. When i first put the truck back together and buttoned it up i was having issues with the RAD hoses sealing so i just went ahead and replaced them with the new updated RAD hoses from Ford. Well my truck still was acting completely normal until it would get to about 190 degrees and then would spike all the way to 240 degrees. I returned the upper RAD hose and ford gave me another one in its place ( so that makes 2 new "updated" RAD hoses i have tried). So i got it back buttoned up again today with another brand new set of Thermostats in there and basically the same thing happened. For about 10 minutes my truck felt and ran perfectly normal. Then it would get to 196 Degrees and would spike to 236-242 degrees in a matter of seconds and then i would have water coming out of the top of the degas bottle which tells me the PSI is getting WAY to high. So when i got home i noticed that the upper rad hose, where it connects to the Mishimoto radiator, had about a quarter inch of play in it and wasnt sealing correctly. Since i have literally replaced every other thing, i just dont know what else it could be. I called Mishimoto and sent them a video of what i have just explained and did not hear back from them at all. Hopefully i will tomorrow but as i sit here, without a drive-able truck, im just really questioning going with a Mishimoto Radiator as i never had these problems before making the switch. I have really loved the Mishimoto brand and im sure this problem could be fixed with their new silicone RAD hoses but they are $550 and i cant do it right now espescially after dropping $225 on these new "updated" hoses from Ford. But since there is SO much wiggle room im about convinced that Mishimoto made their radiator to fit their RAD hoses which i was assured before buying the radiator that that was not the case. Im just beyond frustrated with the entire thing but has anyone else had an issue like this or does anyone else have any advice they can give me as to what else it could be. I was planning on buying a new Intercooler from Mishimoto next week but now i dont know what to do bc of this situation. Any and all help will be VERY much appreciated!

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your 6.4L. Our radiator is designed to function with either the stock hoses/connections or the kit we offer. You should not have any connection issues with the stock, updated hoses.

You sound like your truck is air locked.

You bled the air out correct?

Try parking with the nose of your truck on something to elevate it. This will help force the air out.

I would also recommend properly bleeding the system to ensure all air is out of the cooling system. Large spikes like this could certainly result from air within the system.

Did our customer service team get back to you?

-John

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

not only are you in the wrong section, but you probaly have blown head gaskets.

eiorg9

Reaction score
not only are you in the wrong section, but you probaly have blown head gaskets.

I tried to delete my last comment immediately and i also tried to delete the thread right when i realized that i had posted in 6.7 tech. I apologize for saying you were wrong. That was in fact wrong of me. I was in a poor mood and acted like an ass so my apologies.

Latest posts

Members online