Help with ficm tuning

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I'm running Vivians looney tune right now with just a cold air intake and exhaust. Who's ficm tuning would couple best with this? Really looking at IDP or PHP.

morepower02

Reaction score
I run atlas 40 and old scool Spartan ultra comp tune in a sct for a tuner. It is a great mild manered ride when it needs to be but still will make you grin if you lay into it.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I've seen a few people on here say the PHP runs rough compared to innovative. Any truth in this? Also does the innovative tuner come with all their tunes?

morepower02

Reaction score
I have never ran the innovative ficm tunes. The Php made my truck more user friendly.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Php is great, and from what I've read innovative ficm tunes on innovative ecm tunes are real nice too... If you wanna run their ecm tunes.

05stroker350

Reaction score
I run the Atlas 80 on my truck. Helped a little bit with throttle response, mostly just raised my egt's a little and my truck is a little smokier.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I like the PHP tunes I'm using. I went with PHP for a couple reasons. One, the gryphon unit. It holds ALL of their FICM tunes, and doubles as a monitor, all for $400 or so. Two, I can return the FICM tune back to stock if I need to and swap back and forth between all of the tunes and try different FICM programming out at my own discretion. Another good benefit is all of the PHP tunes come with the mild inductive heating flash, which should aid in cold starts. Innovative FICM tuning doesn't have an option to change or go back to stock. Once it's flashed, that's it (unless you take it off and send it back in for another flash). I was told Innovatives hotter FICM tunes don't have any inductive heating strategies so cold weather starts were rough, however I had also read they were adding that feature for customers who requested it, but don't quote me. I still love Innovative and use them for my ECM tuning, matched with my PHP FICM tunes.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I've been talking to Eric a lot today. His tuner includes both the inductive heating ficm flash with less performance gain and the performance flash. I already have monitoring taken care of so that doesn't really sway my decision any. Everything taken into consideration Im pulling the trigger on IDP as soon as Alex gives me a call back. Nothing's bad to say about PHP ran their tunes on my 7.3 and loved them they have quality products, IDP just fits my needs better right now. Thanks everyone for the opinions and information. I'll come back to the thread and share my results after I get them on the truck.

Mdub707

Reaction score
So which tune are you going with?

I have 7 stand alone gauges and I still benefit from the gryphon, it's nice watching FICM voltage on that thing! I'm sure you'll be happy either way.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I don't think so but the inductive heating strategy is just an older flash that was better for our trucks I believe. Any certain reason going back to stock is a concern for you?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yes, I swap FICM's more than I swap underwear. I was rebuilding them for people for a while. I also like being able to go from a hot tune to a mild one for towing as well. Before, Innovative didn't even have that option, it was just the one tune and done.

There were a couple revisions of the inductive heating. The original inductive heating was drawing huge amps from the FICM and frying them. The latest revision was the "mild inductive heating" strategy. It still uses the same concepts without really straining the FICM and power going to/from.

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
I wonder if something like the 58v from bpd would help with the inductive heating. Or was it with the logic side burning up

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.