My Tuned 15 Experience

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I got my 15 f350 deleted last night. Just did exhaust so far and unplugged the egr system. Very pleased with my order from No Limit! So far my fuel mileage has jumped big time! Cruising at 70 on the interstate I was hovering around 20mpg per my display! Trans shifts perfect and I'm very pleased with the overall drivability and the whole deal! I used the X4 platform and it has Punch It Performance tunes. I am currently on the tow tune which is the lowest power, but that's all I need. Just wanted to give my experience so far!

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Sounds awesome man.Im gonna be ordering mine next week.What exhaust did you go with?As far as tuning goes did the X4 come with your tunes already loaded or did you have to send in your vin or code to get the tunes for your truck?
How much of a difference from stock did you notice with just the tow tune power wise?

Charles

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I have a flo pro stainless delete pipe and a 5" magnaflow stainless delete/dpf pipe back on it. The x4 comes with the tunes, but you do have to email a few things and get a stock file, but that was simple and quick! Difference from stock is very noticable for just a tow tune, puts you in the seat!

truckmaniac

Reaction score
White 15:

Are you monitoring your Exhaust Gas Temperatures from the bung located on one of the EGR block-off plates?

If not, how did you plug the hole in the bung?

Similar question about the sensor located in the tail pipe, down stream of the delete pipe:

Did you unplug this sensor and leave it in the pipe or did you remove the sensor & plug the bung in the pipe?

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
20 mpg is a big jump from stock form that everyone said was worse mileage then the 11-14's.

Reaction score
My truck averages 19-20 mpg on the highway doing 70mph. When the regen happens it will drop all the way down to 10mpg. I reset my average fuel mileage every fill up and it will drag it down from mid 19's to low 13's to high 12's before the regen is complete. On the interstate it takes roughly 27 miles to complete a cycle and the whole time the truck is averaging about 10mpg.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
My egr cooler and valve is all still intact. I just did ye exhaust for now and unplugged the egr valve and intake throttle valve. The sensor in the tailpipe after dpf I left alone.

truckmaniac

Reaction score
My egr cooler and valve is all still intact. I just did ye exhaust for now and unplugged the egr valve and intake throttle valve. The sensor in the tailpipe after dpf I left alone.

It is very important for you to install the egr block-off plates, IF you ever want the EGR valve to work again, especially if you have to return your truck to "stock" for warranty work. The soot from your engine will build-up on the valve and basically "lock" it in place.

I'm thinking that it's a good idea to remove the rear-most sensor from the exhaust pipe, once again for warranty work. Putting the rest of the truck back to "stock" and having a sensor covered with black exhaust build-up could cause fits for the truck's computer.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It is very important for you to install the egr block-off plates, IF you ever want the EGR valve to work again, especially if you have to return your truck to "stock" for warranty work. The soot from your engine will build-up on the valve and basically "lock" it in place.

I'm thinking that it's a good idea to remove the rear-most sensor from the exhaust pipe, once again for warranty work. Putting the rest of the truck back to "stock" and having a sensor covered with black exhaust build-up could cause fits for the truck's computer.

the block off plates are , at minimum, a great idea. my kit comes with a reducing bushing for after market sensors and a plug.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
the block off plates are , at minimum, a great idea. my kit comes with a reducing bushing for after market sensors and a plug.

So with the block off plates can the EGR remain in the engine bay or does it have to be taken out,And do you have the kits in stock?Deleting mine in a couple of weeks when I get in from offshore.So what is the process when I get the tuner?Do I have to download a stock file to email to you or is it somtbing else?
Thanks guys!

Charles

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score

The egr will be deleted eventually. Just didn't have time at the moment. And same goes for the rear sensor now that you mentioned it like that! Thanks

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So with the block off plates can the EGR remain in the engine bay or does it have to be taken out,And do you have the kits in stock?Deleting mine in a couple of weeks when I get in from offshore.So what is the process when I get the tuner?Do I have to download a stock file to email to you or is it somtbing else?
Thanks guys!

Charles

tuner first, be sure it loads, you dont wanna remove hard parts then have a tuning issue. whoever you bought your tuner from, can and should tell you what order. as for the blockoff kits, they leave the egr in place, just disconnect the exhaust side from the valve , and one plate has a port built in for a pyrometer. and yes i make and stock egr deletes and blockoff kits.

Latest posts

Members online