Loosing coolant, white smoke, headgaskets??

Tim1216

Reaction score
Ok guys so my truck, which has 160k miles, has been eating coolant. I put about a gallon and a half of ec-1 (yes it had a coolant flush) in it a little over a month ago and now its low again. The coolant is not puking and theres no residue on the degas bottle or cap. I have a erg delete and arp's. When i started it this morning white smoke came outta the tailpipe and went away after I started driving. I didnt smell the smoke, bc it was chilly and i figured it was just cold. I was changing the oil and fuel filters today and noticed that the coolant was low again and now im worried. Has anyone experienced this? Could this mean the headgasktes are blown? Thank you

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Usually about this time of the year we start getting the "white smoke" threads. It's probably just condensation. Make sure the blue "or orange" connector is not leaking. It's the one that connects the egr delete pipe to the oil cooler housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim1216

Reaction score
Did you check for any possible leaks yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You were right, there was a hose that had a small leak. I just checked again and I saw the crusty red residue and tightened everything up and now it's good. Thank you! I had a mini heart attack when it was loosing it haha

Latest posts

Members online