chrome wheel care

05wh250

Reaction score
What is everyone using to help protect their chrome wheels? Always heard use wax but wasn't sure if there was something better.

weazel

Reaction score
I powder coat them black, boom done

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Whack answer...

I like to use never dull about every other car wash, it's easy to use and it really seams to protect the wheels between washes. It is like a balled up cloth in a metal can, a little goes along way with the stuff, it will also take any rust off the chrome and shine it up like it was never there, i had a couple center caps i was worried about but it shined right up and the rust hasnt been back. I just washed my truck the other day and didnt have time to polish the wheel again but they looked almost as good as when i do polish with just pressure washer no scrubbing brush or anything. Really happy with the stuff

05wh250

Reaction score
Yeah I've used never dull before, just wasn't sure if i could do anything before the tires get put on to protect them. Never thought about using never dull like that though, have to try it.

05wh250

Reaction score
Im more asking if theres something i can seal them with to protect them from the weather before i put em on the truck. Kind of like wax on paint helps protect it from the elements but for chrome.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
ahhhhhhh my bad

I use a spray wax on mine in the summer seams to work well, if the water wont touch it neither will the elements.

I might continue using the never dull, it sure seams to have the same effect.

fine69

Reaction score
I wax the front and back sides of my wheels with Mothers Carnuba Gold every spring before I put my wheels on after winter. Another good tip, to prevent my stick on wheel weights from falling off, I coat them in clear silicone RTV. Just be sure to go all around the weight sealing it to the wheel. It's not heavy enough to effect the balance and it will scrape right off if you nedd to re-balance for some reason.

05wh250

Reaction score
I wax the front and back sides of my wheels with Mothers Carnuba Gold every spring before I put my wheels on after winter. Another good tip, to prevent my stick on wheel weights from falling off, I coat them in clear silicone RTV. Just be sure to go all around the weight sealing it to the wheel. It's not heavy enough to effect the balance and it will scrape right off if you nedd to re-balance for some reason.

Thats a good tip i was wondering about those stick on ones

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I use meguiars hot chrome wheel spray. It is awesome!! Just spray it on and hose it off, or spray it on right before you go through the wash. It will peel caked on brake dust right off no prob and your wheels will look brand new. It's in a see through red spray bottle at autozone or Walmart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.