What bed liner should I use?

03ranger30

Reaction score
Looking to bed line the bottom part of my truck, it's a Lariat so really I am just looking to cover up the tan section with black bed liner. Anybody have any experience with what kind I should use? I've been looking at either Duplicolor or Herculiner because that is the only kind NAPA and Advanced carry.

Any tips or tricks to doing this as well?

The body molding is starting to peel and chip and the black "decal" that Ford put on the top part of the tan is starting to peel off as well, hence my reason for wanting to do this.

08Monster

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd spend the extra money and have Line-X do it. If its done right the first time, you'll never have to do it again and it will look good forever. All those DIY liners either look like crap or fall off in a few years. Line-X is guaranteed!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

08Monster

Reaction score
They are the best in the business. It will NEVER chip, scratch, whatever, and if it does, it has a warranty. Also has a fade warranty. Good stuff, but good stuff doesn't always have a good price tag.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I've used the Duplicolor liner in a can on a couple of my fourwheelers and trailers. As long as the prep work is done correctly, the stuff is good. I'd probably have someone like Line-X or BulletLiner do the bed, simply because it gets crap thrown in all the time and loaded with god knows what, but the underside , I wouldn't hesitate to do with a DIY kit. If it's held up on my fourwheelers and trailers, I feel certain it'll hold up on the bottom of your truck.

BTW, I'm about to do my bumper pad with the Duplicolor stuff, then spray it white to match the truck. That stuff takes color really well too.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

acf6

Reaction score
I would definitely go with line-x over the parts stores DIY kits. I had my old truck's bed sprayed with line-x and its not that thick, but it is extremely durable

03ranger30

Reaction score
Any idea how much it would cost to do just the sides of the truck like I want done? I have read that to do the bed it's around $350.

DHFF

Reaction score

Attachments

• Raptor Liner.jpg
    Raptor Liner.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 64

03ranger30

Reaction score
I've seen that stuff before, we were gonna use it to bed line my dad's Jeep. Only problem is our air compressor is on it's way out and my dad is too cheap to buy a good one.

Latest posts

Members online