Towing with a 6.0

Dustin F2504x4

Reaction score
I just got back in a 6.0 love the truck. I was wondering some good mods to do to the truck. It's all stock except for the intake and exhaust. I have been out o the 6.0s for a couple years. Like the 6.0 and 5spd truck what's some good towing upgrades I should do to it?

mikah215

Reaction score
Sct will help alot

03 f250 6.0 Sct with innovative tunes 5in exhaust coolant filter blue spring 6in lift 20x14 on 37s

Atsah

Reaction score
If it was me, I would delete the EGR cooler or install a Bulletproof cooler, I would also replace the oil cooler just to be sure it isn't going to be an issue and drive it.. SCT for a little added power if you want as well..

swinky

Reaction score
Coolant flush/coolant filter, Egr delete, oil cooler. If a truck isn't studded I'm a big fan of the superchips flashpaq for the 6.0s. We've had one on three different non studded trucks In the last 5 or so years without a single head gasket issue. Shifts are on point and no worry about buying custom tunes. That being said an sct x4 will be the best bang for your buck because it doubles as a monitor. Then get a custom non studded tune from one of our sponsors on here.

Atsah

Reaction score
OP, you can take a small percentage of what you have and replace the oil cooler and delete the EGR cooler, that would be the first and most important thing to put money into.. The programmer is optional.. I agree with an earlier post concerning the Superchips Flashpaq working well on a stock truck..

swinky

Reaction score
OP, you can take a small percentage of what you have and replace the oil cooler and delete the EGR cooler, that would be the first and most important thing to put money into.. The programmer is optional.. I agree with an earlier post concerning the Superchips Flashpaq working well on a stock truck..
That tuner has been great to us. Towed a 31' bumper pull on the performance tune thousands of miles without issue on an exhaust only truck.

Atsah

Reaction score
That tuner has been great to us. Towed a 31' bumper pull on the performance tune thousands of miles without issue on an exhaust only truck.

I had one on my 02 7.3 and that pulled hard everyday, my brother has one on his (stock 05 6.0 with a Bullerproof EGR cooler) and he tows heavy four days a week and has had no problems, he is at 220K, something like that..

Superchips gets a bad rap, I had a conversation with a vendor here back a few years ago that's knows more about tuning than the rest and he told me there is nothing wrong with there tuning..

rray37375

Reaction score
Oil cooler, coolant filter, head studs. EGR I would leave alone, but that is because I live where there is emissions testing.

Latest posts

Members online