Replacing "Hard" Fuel Supply/Return Line

MSTR-P

Reaction score
As the title says...mine are starting to seep so I ordered some new ones that will be here on Friday. Seems like a fairly straight forward job; however, just looking for advice and anything to watch out for from folks who have done this.

Thanks,
Mike

ghohouston

Reaction score
What do you mean they are seeping? There are small rubber "square cut o rings" that seal off the fuel lines to the fittings in the heads that will leak over time.

Zaairman

Reaction score
Exactly which lines are you talking about? From the bowl to the heads? Or the bowl to the bottom of the motor where it goes to flex lines?

MSTR-P

Reaction score
The lines from the flex lines on the bottom of the motor to the bowl. They are starting to seep from rust so I ordered a new set. Just recieved them today and will try the install on Friday.

Thanks,
Mike

ghohouston

Reaction score
Power wash and brake clean the hell out of the quick connect fittings at the frame, and IIRC, you may have to unbolt the alternator/ power steering pump bracket.

Zaairman

Reaction score
Ah, I've done those before. I could not get my flex lines to come off the fitting from the old lines while on the truck, so I cut the hard lines at the curve, disconnect them at the next fitting, and got them to disconnect off the truck. I did not loosen/remove the power steering bracket, I was able to squeeze them in with it on. It's a tight fit but can be done.

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
We've always left an inch and a half or so of the hard line at the bowl and hose clamped fuel line back to the pump. Holds fine if you get two clamps on.

MSTR-P

Reaction score
Appreciate the advice gents. The job went fairly easy, only real issue, the seeping return line broke off at the end of the flex line making it difficult to remove...but all is better now.

Thanks again,
Mike