Getting ready to mod....got questions

03rd SVT

Reaction score
So I bought my 15 a couple of years ago, and have decided to to some mods. I had a 2010 with a mini maxx, exhaust and air box. I'm planning on going with a similar setup this time around, but had a couple of questions I couldn't really find the answers to by reading and reading and reading.....

In my 2010 I didn't do a E G R kit. Just turned it off in the tune. Do you need to do the Deeelete on the 2015's?

Also, on my 2010 I ran it on kill all the time. I don't drive it hard, so is it safe to run the 2015's on kill with little to no spirited driving? I'm planning on running an SCT X4.

Another question I have is regarding the tunes on the X4. I've seen guys talking about GH (whatever that is) tunes an others that I don't know what they are. It's been so long since I've been in the game I'm wanting to know if different companies load different tuner's tunes in the X4's. or are they loaded with cann'd SCT tunes, and some companies load custom tunes?

Thanks in advance for the feedback fellas. Everyone has always been real helpful in here!!

Hagg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
You don't HAVE to remove the EGR but you really should block it off. Give Mike a call and he can lay out all of your options on the tunes and tuners for your driving style and budget.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So I bought my 15 a couple of years ago, and have decided to to some mods. I had a 2010 with a mini maxx, exhaust and air box. I'm planning on going with a similar setup this time around, but had a couple of questions I couldn't really find the answers to by reading and reading and reading.....

In my 2010 I didn't do a E G R kit. Just turned it off in the tune. Do you need to do the Deeelete on the 2015's?

Also, on my 2010 I ran it on kill all the time. I don't drive it hard, so is it safe to run the 2015's on kill with little to no spirited driving? I'm planning on running an SCT X4.

Another question I have is regarding the tunes on the X4. I've seen guys talking about GH (whatever that is) tunes an others that I don't know what they are. It's been so long since I've been in the game I'm wanting to know if different companies load different tuner's tunes in the X4's. or are they loaded with cann'd SCT tunes, and some companies load custom tunes?

Thanks in advance for the feedback fellas. Everyone has always been real helpful in here!!

Hagg

like my boy friend powerstroke man just said, i can help. i can supply you everything you mentioned , and guide you thru the decision process of what makes the most sense. i think you're on the right path already, so it'll be a few choices on your end , but basic stuff. we can knock this one oput easy and give you the best pricing and service period .

03rd SVT

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give you a call tomorrow and we'll talk more.

TLyons90

Reaction score
Like others said you don't have to lose the EGR system but it is smart to do so and better on your motor. Defiantly talk to Jeremy on getting you setup with their kit and other goodies.

As far as the SCT X4 goes. You basically buy 1 and it comes preloaded with canned SCT tunes that don't do much. From there the SCT will allow up to 10 custom tunes from different tuners and whoever that you can download into it. Then flash your truck with whatever tune you want whenever you want it all in about 10 mins.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Tyrant tunes. Period!

we've done some taste tests lately, and it's been leaning more to ghead lately. i have 2 very picky custmers that have tried both , and both are running the ghead to this day. every truck is different though, but at this moment , it's definitely not clear cut .

chaselee

Reaction score
I've heard good things about both, though I've not tried them. I have heard that the shifting can be funny. Your definitely right about different trucks though. I had PIP tunes first and after a short bit I started having major shifting issues. Bad enough that it wouldn't shift at all. I actually thought that my TC was screwed up. Switched to stock...All was fine. Switched to tyrant...All was well with the world.

04cr450

Reaction score
gh tunes for sure. I ran them on my 6.0... and love them on the 6.7- the truck is very smooth shifting wise and rips for a stock truck. Only nit pick i have is i wish the shift points in the trans when shifting into overdrive were raised up a tad, then the tuning would be hard to beat

treatcg

Reaction score
I would hope that GH would work with you to raise the shift point for OD.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I would hope that GH would work with you to raise the shift point for OD.

they will, but typically not necessary unless you have 37's or bigger with stock gears .

chaselee

Reaction score
I rarely tow in hilly terrain, but when you guys talk about engine brake..You guys are talking about the downshift coming to a stop right? Or am I completely missing this?

Jomax

Reaction score
Tyrant tunes. Period!

I agree if it's vs PIP. I've tried both Tyrant and GH. I still run GH. They honestly have the best track record. Low smoke output? Check. Amazing power? Check. Trans tuning that lets the trans live? Check. (I have 44k miles in the race tune, zero issues.) amazing customer service? Check.

Tyrant tuning smoked too much for me. Same with Spartin. And we know how amazing the customer service is with Spartin......

Latest posts

Members online