Is my block cracked?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Booked a shipping company today. Carson will get the truck on the 14th and start work on it on the 17th. Can't wait to get it back on the road. Sick and bleeping tired of driving a tiny little Altima coupe with all the get up and go of a Metro Geo.

If my tax return is good enough, it just might leave with compounds.
that is awesome!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

DocBar

Reaction score
There's a guy that comes down to the dealership down the road repairs this issue you're having. A mechanic there who does some work for me on the side said that for some reason these blocks will find or make cracks. This guy comes in and lays out tools like a DR and he can drill and use some type of magnet and powder method. I know they test welds this way. Anyways he fixes the cracks and good as new. I'm sure some of you on here know what I'm talking about.
I've never heard of that before.

DocBar

Reaction score
Compounds or bust, bud!
The biggest thing holding me up from compounds has been pulling the motor to get the oil pan off. That's just retarded to me, but now the motor is coming out anyway...
Any recommendations on an atmospheric?

psduser1

Reaction score
The biggest thing holding me up from compounds has been pulling the motor to get the oil pan off. That's just retarded to me, but now the motor is coming out anyway...
Any recommendations on an atmospheric?
It's been a while since I have looked at the tables, kinda lost interest in mine lately,but the used one I bought was a t6 88 mm Borg. Since I never actually got it built, I can't speak from personal experience, however, several people I've talked to since recommended going bigger than that, even. I never was really looking at peak hp, so that may be a factor, if you plan to continue using that truck as a towrig primarily.

emev0l

Reaction score
There's been a few setups I've thought about lately

s364.5sxe and a s482 fmw

Triple s369sxe's

S468 and a s591

Triple s468's

Do you plan to use the Brute66 as your high pressure?

DocBar

Reaction score
It's been a while since I have looked at the tables, kinda lost interest in mine lately,but the used one I bought was a t6 88 mm Borg. Since I never actually got it built, I can't speak from personal experience, however, several people I've talked to since recommended going bigger than that, even. I never was really looking at peak hp, so that may be a factor, if you plan to continue using that truck as a towrig primarily.
I think I'm wanting to top out in the 700-750 range on fuel. I want the responsiveness of compounds.

There's been a few setups I've thought about lately

s364.5sxe and a s482 fmw

Triple s369sxe's

S468 and a s591

Triple s468's

Do you plan to use the Brute66 as your high pressure?
I'm thinking that I will use the 66 , gate both stages and intercool between stages.

emev0l

Reaction score
I think I'm wanting to top out in the 700-750 range on fuel. I want the responsiveness of compounds.

I'm thinking that I will use the 66 , gate both stages and intercool between stages.

I'm not sure if anyone knows exactly what a Brute66 flows but I'd go with a s482 fmw or larger.

DocBar

Reaction score
Well, it's bust right now. Cracked block, cracked heads and trashed piston from a wrist pin keeper coming out. BTS has a busted up bell housing. BTS is at BTS and putting all the goodies from the old motor into a "known" long block. Balanced and blueprinted. $4500 in NYC and $3500 at Dyno-proven to get to this point. SMDH

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well, it's bust right now. Cracked block, cracked heads and trashed piston from a wrist pin keeper coming out. BTS has a busted up bell housing. BTS is at BTS and putting all the goodies from the old motor into a "known" long block. Balanced and blueprinted. $4500 in NYC and $3500 at Dyno-proven to get to this point. SMDH
Sounds like me when i had the first motor supposedly "built" that i put like 6 grand into then had to do it all over again because it failed.. then another 8k into the same motor to make it right!

live life full throttle

Reaction score
These stories such as these two are why I pretty much wrote Swamps a blank check for a built engine that I’m standing here looking at ( the stand) Nothing wild just wanted to maintain 7.3 reliability and tow with a new 6.7.
They ran it on the dyno for an entre day. Pulled 460 / 1000 at the crank at the. If I can just stop finding things I “aughtta” do to the truck Iwill get it together lol.

DocBar

Reaction score
Sounds like me when i had the first motor supposedly "built" that i put like 6 grand into then had to do it all over again because it failed.. then another 8k into the same motor to make it right!

live life full throttle
The motor was well built by David Lott at DI. It had nearly 200K on it. Not mad about that at all.
It's the rip-off from Dyno-Proven and a mom and pop shop in NYC that burns my ass.
I had nearly $20K in the build from DI. A cracked oil cooler and poor repair is what led to this situation.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Exactly what i was saying with the ripoff
The motor was well built by David Lott at DI. It had nearly 200K on it. Not mad about that at all.
It's the rip-off from Dyno-Proven and a mom and pop shop in NYC that burns my ass.
I had nearly $20K in the build from DI. A cracked oil cooler and poor repair is what led to this situation.

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Actually D.I. was one of the short list of possible vendors for my engine.

Main reason to go Swamps was their ability to dyno the engine among a few others.

Glad to hear your DI engine went over 200k beating on it.

The issues you had with the DI engine seem to have to do with 400/200

DocBar

Reaction score
Actually D.I. was one of the short list of possible vendors for my engine.

Main reason to go Swamps was their ability to dyno the engine among a few others.

Glad to hear your DI engine went over 200k beating on it.

The issues you had with the DI engine seem to have to do with 400/200
Before the oil cooler cracked, almost all of my issues were electrical. I put most of that on the Viper alarm/remote start I had installed at Best Buy.

ja_cain

Reaction score
These stories such as these two are why I pretty much wrote Swamps a blank check for a built engine that I’m standing here looking at ( the stand) Nothing wild just wanted to maintain 7.3 reliability and tow with a new 6.7.
They ran it on the dyno for an entre day. Pulled 460 / 1000 at the crank at the. If I can just stop finding things I “aughtta” do to the truck Iwill get it together lol.
Awesome! Can't go wrong with them guys at Swamps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online