KC STAGE 2R TEST

Cold Roller

Reaction score
Now that I don't have any larger trailers I don't really need to go with a smaller turbo, but you may need some cold weather testing done. Please confirm!

It is interesting to see so many of these truck are still cruising the streets after all the years of problems... :wtf: Maybe it wasn't all that bad, or was it!

You had better get the BB units out before the users send them off to the crusher!:axe:

jme2152

Reaction score
13psi for boost at cruising seems a bit high. I was under the impression that the lower boost used while at highway speeds the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jme2152

Reaction score
Sorry guys.

It has been very busy and I have been having a hard time keeping up with the forums recently.

KC stage 2r (dual ball bearing) has been working GREAT! We had a bunch of testers of all different types. Some came from stock turbos, some from competitor stage 2 turbos, some from our old stage 2 turbo, and some switched back from non-vgt.

All of the testers had the same results.

Fastest spooling turbo they have ever run

More power than any other stage 2 on the market (and even the s363 tester said it made more power)

Cooler egts (some saw around 100-200 degrees cooler egts

I don't like to advertise this, but some even saw 1-2mpg better fuel mileage.

We have had multiple track/dyno runs that put it in the 600-650hp range with 175-205s and cleans up the fuel very well.

One tester running 205/30 ran a 7.8@89mph in the 1/8 (which translates into a 12.3 @ 110mph. CCSB 4x4 truck)

All together the turbo has been a great success! I really think it is going to be a game changer... but it still does have that turbo whistle that some love/hate. We are actually working on option that will have no turbo whistle but it is still going to be about 3-6 months out before we start testing.

I plan on starting a new thread soon to post up more info/results.

If you get that vacuum cleaner to shutoff you've earned yourself a new customer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for a 71 or 72mm ball bearing VGT..

I don't think that is gonna happen.

A turbo can only spool so fast until it starts to surge. (too much boost at too low of rpms)

The bigger the turbo, the more likely it is to surge.

Even the 68mm is pushing the limits of the surge line, we might even have to ask tuners make the turbo spool slower, which ruins the whole point of making the turbo a dual ball bearing.

Bumping up to a 71mm might just make it a surge-o-matic turbo... or you would have to have tuners adjust the turbo to spool so slow... that it would completely lose its advantage.

Adding a bigger turbine wheel would slow it down and reduce surge, but you can only go so big on the turbine wheel in these VGT turbos.

Merc82

Reaction score
So, how is progress on the "quiet" series of VGT BB turbos? Any plans for any different sizes?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
So, how is progress on the "quiet" series of VGT BB turbos? Any plans for any different sizes?

Nothing yet... it will still be a few months.

I am actually having a hard time getting ANY parts made. Seems like all the foundries are backed up. I am out of stock on like 1/2 my turbos right now

Reaction score
bro charlie,
realistically, when is the stage 2r gonna be available, i realise they need testing:swordfight:
but i really need one of those bad boys:rockon:

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I wish I had a more realistic release date. Unfortunately, we haven't gotten many results from our testers as we would like. We are hoping to have more results by the end of summer. And yes I know, the date keeps getting pushed back more and more and it is very frustrating. We just really want to make sure these new bearings from a new supplier are worth using.

PyroFighter

Reaction score
I wish I had a more realistic release date. Unfortunately, we haven't gotten many results from our testers as we would like. We are hoping to have more results by the end of summer. And yes I know, the date keeps getting pushed back more and more and it is very frustrating. We just really want to make sure these new bearings from a new supplier are worth using.

Need another tester? *slowly raises hand*

PSD POWER007

Reaction score

I bought a 1.5 from you a month or so back. But if you wanted testing feedback, I could’ve been your guy lol. I drive and tow about 1500 miles a week on a regular basis. And if you look at our email exchanges, I’m not scared to bother you with questions and info lol.
The 1.5 has been excellent so far!

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Thanks guys... we have lots of testers lined up. Just funny how it works. We had only a small batch of the new bearings for testers and sent them out months ago. But everyone has bad luck, blown motor, trans went out, busy at work, etc... and many of the tester turbos were not installed immediately so we have not gotten the results we wanted.

Sadly it is going to be at least a few more months as we wait on results. Realistically we usually wait at least a year... but no one even knows this is happening because we quietly test behind close doors befoe anoucing anything about the turbos to the public. But since everyone knows about the turbo and is so excited... it makes the process much harder.

If you are reading this and are interested in the turbo PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US asking what the progress is. This is not to be rude... but we literally get 1000s of inquiries every month. Multiple phone calls, pm's and emails all asking for updates (often from the same person). We promise... if/when the turbo is ready to go back on the market we will post it up everywhere for people to see. Thank you for your understanding and continued support. It is our customers that make us who we are and make KC Turbos possible.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
Thanks guys... we have lots of testers lined up. Just funny how it works. We had only a small batch of the new bearings for testers and sent them out months ago. But everyone has bad luck, blown motor, trans went out, busy at work, etc... and many of the tester turbos were not installed immediately so we have not gotten the results we wanted.

Sadly it is going to be at least a few more months as we wait on results. Realistically we usually wait at least a year... but no one even knows this is happening because we quietly test behind close doors befoe anoucing anything about the turbos to the public. But since everyone knows about the turbo and is so excited... it makes the process much harder.

If you are reading this and are interested in the turbo PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US asking what the progress is. This is not to be rude... but we literally get 1000s of inquiries every month. Multiple phone calls, pm's and emails all asking for updates (often from the same person). We promise... if/when the turbo is ready to go back on the market we will post it up everywhere for people to see. Thank you for your understanding and continued support. It is our customers that make us who we are and make KC Turbos possible.

LOL, not me! I took the day off the day my 1.5 was set to deliver. Had the stock turbo off that morning and waiting on the UPS man. Had that baby running less than 2 hours later. I don’t have the patience to wait when it comes to truck mods!😬😬

Reaction score
Only time will tell. We have not tested any units yet... but in theory yes. There might even be performance gains.

And NO we are not just going to be using a 13 blade turbine wheel. It will be a 10 blade turbine wheel but I can't share too many details. We have been having a lot of issues with copy cats and little guys just trying to do the "same thing" for cheaper... we are actually going to stop posting some much info on the forums :(
Charlie, I know you've had recent supplier issues with bearings, did you ever get anywhere with the quiet version? Really want the best performance for towing if the 2R spools faster than the 1.5, but really want to get rid of the powermax whistle too, it's no fun when trying to be quiet in campgrounds. What's your recommendation at this point, for a 13k 5th wheel? Would possibly do injectors as well, whatever combo is best recommended. 155/30s with a stage 1.5, or 190/30 with a (hopefully quiet) stage 2R.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
We plan to have something ready by Jan... but it is going to be radically different. But I am not going into any details at this time. Sorry.

Latest posts

Members online