New injectors....same issues

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
Hey fellas.
So i have thrown a ton of money, time and parts at my truck and havent gotten anywhere.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MR1Qk-4DAdI
^ this is what its doing (not my truck)

And at high idle (1100rpm) It is drastically worse. For example if you were to pull one spark plug cap off a gasser and the whole engine shakes.... that what it feels like. Like a cylinder a mkre has no compression at all.

The worst part is sometimes it almost goes away and thrn others it really bad again...

Almost no blowby

96 scsb
New parts:
Uvch
Vch
All new connectors to vch
New glowplugs
New gp relay
New vavuum pmp
New cps
New ebps and tube
New full force 250/100 inj.
New icp
New fuel pump
New swamps hf/hv idm

Efuel and ipr are next on my list. Should have done the ipr first....i know that now

I did a contribution test and it read that 4 inj were bad so i replaced all 8 with the full forces...and now the contribution test says 7 are bad. No codes, truck doesnt die, does puff one cloud of white on start up then goes away... how could 7 fail and the truck be daily driveable?????

What should i check next? Should i recheck anything?

Any rpm above 1300 the truck seems to run perfect. Makes good power.

Because ive had ongoing issues i swear im starting to hear things also... either a vlv is knocking or i have fuel knock? I dont even know what that is.... and like with the idle issue, it dissappears and sounds perfect

Any suggestions are welcome!

ghohouston

Reaction score
I know you're going to e fuel, but have you cleaned the fpr screen? How does the ipr connector look? Is the tin nut on the ipr tight? Oil in icp connector? Could be an idm problem as well.

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
I know you're going to e fuel, but have you cleaned the fpr screen? How does the ipr connector look? Is the tin nut on the ipr tight? Oil in icp connector? Could be an idm problem as well.

Cleaned the screen a few months ago... Could check again though. Ipr connector was clean and dry last time I undid it. Just googled the tin nut and no i have never checked That! On the top of the list. Idm is a new swamps high freq. /high vlt unit. My old idm was fine... there was no change in issues when I swapped them

Magnum PD

Reaction score
To make sure that all the injectors are working, if it could be an electrical problem or something in one of the injectors.

You could make sure that you have a circuit going from the IDM to each injector from the individual wires.

rrchlin

Reaction score
Man that is a shame. I just swapped in Baby Swamps yesterday and the truck is a beast again.

Did you buy all new Motorcraft sensors? One guy in the comments section of that video mentioned cleaning the ICP sensor contacts. (Ive fixed probably a hundred or so computers in my lifetime w/ electrical contact cleaner)

Since youve done so much work, at this point.. Id pull the valve covers and run a compression test just to do it.
I followed a writeup to use a Harbor Freight compression guage, grease gun hose and a hydraulic fitting that screww into the glowplug. Ill try and find the info again. I purchased everything locally but didnt run compression on mine.

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
It was to the point of wanting to light it on fire.... I'm not one to pay someone to work on stuff for me and I'm super busy... so I'll get into something with a quarter of the miles. ....and I can't lie... in a 6.0 hoe. This will be my 3rd 6.0.

Reaction score
I could never do that. It would bug me forever. I'd have to fix it then sell it.

But then I have 12 mechanics working for me every night and half of them are working on diagnostic issues so I'm used to it.

OuchThatHurt

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure it's even an issue. I've had a few people say as soon as I got rid of the mechanical fuel pump the pulse would go away. Not sure, and the new owner knows everything and got it for a stupid good deal. I put 7k into it and sold it for 8k....

m j

Reaction score
so was the hvac on defrost? all that looks like is a slight load being placed on motor, like AC comp or alternator.

Kowboy

Reaction score
You know I had the exact same issue. I was doing upgrades anyway. But I had a very rough idle and anything above 1500 or so it would smooth out. I had upgraded injectors, HPOP, exhaust, intake, turbo, clutch, and I am sure that I am leaving a few things out. The compression test cold was 410 to 420 I have owned this truck for about 22 years now. Anyway, I was heading to Arizona, drove the truck for 14 hours the first day. The next morning it would not start. Checked with Torque and found I had no high pressure oil. Looked under the hood and found that one wire from the IPR pigtail had fell out. I shoved it back in the connector and drove to a Ford dealer and installed a new pigtail. About 95% of the rough running issues went away.

Reaction score
I found out after many years of the opposite problem......vibes above 2,000 rpm that there was a batch of flywheels that were out of round. Next clutch change I installed a new flywheel and much smoother!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.