What have you done to your powerstroke today?

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Coming home from a party and had the cruise set on 65 right before the speed change. I see a Tahoe off to the side and a Sheriffs Charger right behind it with its lights on. Instead of hitting the brake I hit the gas when I past by and ended up doing 71. I kept on going because I knew I was going to get pulled over. I floored it right after and was doing 80 when I see his head lights in my mirror. I mashed it to 90 and kept cruising hoping he would give up but he kept on. I eventually just slowed down and saw red and blues

sounds kind of dumb to me.

Garrett

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I hear that one for some reason mine hasn't been regen as much.

Sent from my shoe phone

What fuel treatment do you run in the winter?..

Ive done a lil test with fuel additives between white bottle power service, what I always ran in my 7.3s, and howes diesel winter treatment.... if I run straight winter fuel with no additives it prolly does a forced regen every 200 miles around here not freeway.. if I run twice the amount needed of power service it will do it every 300-400 miles.. with howes I run a double batch cuz temps have been below zero for a while now and it might do a forced regen every 800 to 1000 miles... ive gone 1000 to 1500 miles of freeway driving without a forced regen... so ill be running howes year around.

live life full throttle

RedRice589

Reaction score
So you sped up in an attempt to outrun the cop? Seems like the logical thing to do.

Garrett

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Some states they don't pursue. Tahoe's aren't hard to outrun just gotta get out of sight and they'll leave you alone...

(This is coming from a guy with no license) but I've avoided my fair share along with tickets. Usually whipping right off being nice and polite they giv non moving violations. I've only tried to run if I'm wayyyyyyy off in left field.

JrStroker

Reaction score
I ran once. Came around a turn in the middle of the other lane, only to meet a cop. He flipped his lights on and I hammered down. I turned into a subdivision after a sharp turn and seen him fly past. Just waited there for a couple minutes.

Cory Anderson

dsberman94

Reaction score
Usually whipping right off being nice and polite they giv non moving violations.

Like pull over before they even catch up and be sitting there ready with your license and registration before he even comes to the window. I knew he was gonna catch me because it was city streets so there was no running on that one.

CoastalF350

Reaction score
Some states they don't pursue. Tahoe's aren't hard to outrun just gotta get out of sight and they'll leave you alone...

(This is coming from a guy with no license) but I've avoided my fair share along with tickets. Usually whipping right off being nice and polite they giv non moving violations. I've only tried to run if I'm wayyyyyyy off in left field.

Yeah it was stupid for me to do. It was a charger BTW

Twinjracing

Reaction score
What fuel treatment do you run in the winter?..

Ive done a lil test with fuel additives between white bottle power service, what I always ran in my 7.3s, and howes diesel winter treatment.... if I run straight winter fuel with no additives it prolly does a forced regen every 200 miles around here not freeway.. if I run twice the amount needed of power service it will do it every 300-400 miles.. with howes I run a double batch cuz temps have been below zero for a while now and it might do a forced regen every 800 to 1000 miles... ive gone 1000 to 1500 miles of freeway driving without a forced regen... so ill be running howes year around.

live life full throttle

Actually I haven't been running anything Ford told me not to.

Sent from my shoe phone

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
I pulled my transmission out the other day and took it to the shop for a rebuild. So why the trucks down I pulled the intercooler pipes off and painted them blue metallic to kinda match my prefilter. Then pulled my turbo and pedestal to try and find a small oil leak.

No luck yet. It was bone dry where the turbo meets the pedestal so I'm thinking pedestal o rings. Have new ones im going to try.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I pulled my transmission out the other day and took it to the shop for a rebuild. So why the trucks down I pulled the intercooler pipes off and painted them blue metallic to kinda match my prefilter. Then pulled my turbo and pedestal to try and find a small oil leak.

No luck yet. It was bone dry where the turbo meets the pedestal so I'm thinking pedestal o rings. Have new ones im going to try.

Do you still have the ebpv?

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yeah still have the ebpv. Thinking about deleting it or getting a non pedestal.

Its prolly the ebpv actuator rod leaking.. I wouldnt break the seal on a any part of the turbo unless your dead set. But I guess it could be pedistal to block orings. Rare but possible..

live life full throttle

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Its prolly the ebpv actuator rod leaking.. I wouldnt break the seal on a any part of the turbo unless your dead set. But I guess it could be pedistal to block orings. Rare but possible..

live life full throttle

To late. Lol. I already took it off earlier today. I forgot to mention that. The orings looked good but I figured I'd replace them anyway since I have new ones. It was freshly wet with oil on the bottom of the pedestal.

After you saying that about the rod it makes sense because it was coated with a thick layer of old oil and grime. Especially out on the end where the clip is. Is there any way to stop it from leaking? Thanks for the help

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
To late. Lol. I already took it off earlier today. I forgot to mention that. The orings looked good but I figured I'd replace them anyway since I have new ones. It was freshly wet with oil on the bottom of the pedestal.

After you saying that about the rod it makes sense because it was coated with a thick layer of old oil and grime. Especially out on the end where the clip is. Is there any way to stop it from leaking? Thanks for the help

There is a rebuild kit for it or delete it.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online