6.0 blowing a gray/black smoke...all the time

Jmj1981

Reaction score
Ok guys I have a 2003 Ford f250 6.0 227k I got it from a dealer almost 2 years ago ran like a top till last fall when it popped a code for the icp that diddint matter to me as I parked it for the new York snow season....here is were all the problems started....I went to get him( poppa Smurf) that is ...it took me over an hour to jump it mind you I got both batteries replaced in August so it leads me to think it has a parasitic drain but that's neither here nor there....I had almost no fuel so I popped in to the nearest truck stop loves filled up went to the ice cream shack by the time I got to my house almost 20 minutes away I had to lay into the fuel pedal to get it to go it was not smoking I thought it's the sensor I replaced it with a cheap one and the pigtail it's still ran the same I thought it was because I bought a cheap sensor I replaced it with a brand new Motorcraft sensor and pigtail still ran the same I've then pulled the EGR checked it cleaned it and I also replaced the fuel pressure regulator spring with a cheap kit now all it does is blow a gray black smoke I have gone back through I pulled the pressure regulator kit back off found off bad oring I thought I had it licked I replaced that with a good quality one and brand new fuel filters and yet it smokes I need some help I bought the auto enginuity with the expansion I'm not sure what the parameters should be or what I should be looking at this is new to me I can tell you anything about a gasoline car but diesel eludes me any help would be appreciated

sootie

Reaction score
Holy run on sentence ! Try some capitalization and punctuation, it would make it easier for someone trying to help to actually stick at it....

With your AE, when the truck is doing this-foot to the floor, post up the following data:
-Fuel pressure
-ICP voltage
-VGT duty cycle
-IPR %
-FICM logic power
-FICM voltage

Is the truck stock? Or any mods done to it?

Air filter good?

Last edited: