Sunroof/headliner question

cap

Reaction score
My sunroof will not close but it'll damn sure open all the way. I found a thread with someone, same truck as me and everything, with the exact same problem. I realize I'm just going to manually crank it shut and I'll unplug it and never mess with it again but how do I get the headliner out because I hear it's tough. Read a few articles and I don't have a whole lot of time to work on it tomorrow before I have to go out of town.

sootie

Reaction score
My sunroof will not close but it'll damn sure open all the way. I found a thread with someone, same truck as me and everything, with the exact same problem. I realize I'm just going to manually crank it shut and I'll unplug it and never mess with it again but how do I get the headliner out because I hear it's tough. Read a few articles and I don't have a whole lot of time to work on it tomorrow before I have to go out of town.

pop the buttons out of the grab handles on the A pillars and remove the screws. Tug on them and they will pop off. Undo the screws holding the sun visors on. If you have an overhead console, remove any screws that hold it up-some years just had clips. Then gently pull down on the front of the headliner and it should come down at the front. midway back there will be rare earth magnets holding it to the roof skin.

edit: this is how i have done headliners without sunroofs-not sure how different they are.

Latest posts

Members online