Hi I'm Josh, new here and my 7.3 is my first diesel.

TexasJ

Reaction score
How's it going guys? I'm doing this a little bit backwards as I've already made a few posts but I figured I'd introduce myself here as I'm still fairly new. I bought my first diesel June of 2017, it's a 96 7.3 and I love this thing more than I could love a human child. Haha. Jk. Mostly. I like hunting, fishing, building my truck, and listening to classic rock. Anyway it's nice to be a part of the community, I'm sure you'll all be hearing a lot from me cuz I have a lot to learn. Lol. Thanks for having me.

TexasJ

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Well my truck is a 96, 4x4 crew cab. I bought it with over 300k miles on it haha. It was very clean though, I searched for over a year to find one in this condition. It was basically stock when I got it, only thing the previous owner had done was ranch hand bumpers front and rear. I have since added 6 kc lights, a 4" rc lift kit, pro comp rims, nitto trail grapplers, a TS 6 position chip, headache rack, side steps, a cb radio, 6" grand rock stack, RedHead steering gearbox, high output alt, custom fuse panel for the accessories, and a dixie horn to annoy the neighbors. �� The most recent thing I did was the 6.0 power steering pump swap as discovered by Got4wd on the forums here, and that's been a major improvement. My to do list seems to be never ending though haha. It's still a work in progress but it's a great truck. I plan on keeping it forever if that's possible, and hopefully passing it down to my future son someday.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
There pleasing when all is good that’s no doubt. Main thing is routine maintenance. And don’t be dogging it all the time. I’m hoping my 01 will be straightened out soon,it’s been 10 months out of commission. Couple 3 years ago when I put the regulated return system that was the best mod by far I’d done to it. It really had great throttle response and quicker spool up and could pull the gates of hell off it’s hinges. I’ve got a friend that has a 97 ext cab long bed 4wd white. Looks like a new one. Thought he was going to sell it to me there but backed out. I like the obs trucks to. Good luck with it bro.

TexasJ

Reaction score
There pleasing when all is good that’s no doubt. Main thing is routine maintenance. And don’t be dogging it all the time. I’m hoping my 01 will be straightened out soon,it’s been 10 months out of commission. Couple 3 years ago when I put the regulated return system that was the best mod by far I’d done to it. It really had great throttle response and quicker spool up and could pull the gates of hell off it’s hinges. I’ve got a friend that has a 97 ext cab long bed 4wd white. Looks like a new one. Thought he was going to sell it to me there but backed out. I like the obs trucks to. Good luck with it bro.

Thanks man! Yeah I think this was a grandpa truck before I got it. It was very clean and had clearly been well taken care of for having over 300k on it. I've been pretty dilligent about the maintenance and am doing my best to baby it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.