gh tune failure to load onto sct x4 device

95cobby

Reaction score
Update. So after help with NL and sct, still was unsuccessful in getting my sct to load up the newly revised tunes. But, after updating tuner and reloading my existing gh tunes (race tune) the truck has no more lag..... smh.
I know this is zero help but updating the tuner did solve my issue lol
Also, finally hooked up my edge tuner and it's amazing how cool these engines operate. No need to watch egts even on the race tune.

Bummer you haven't been able to get it to work. My sotf tune loaded right up to my X4. I did download the new Device Updater software beforehand though. I'm returning the truck to stock and updating the device as well.. no issues so far.

Jomax

Reaction score
Update. So after help with NL and sct, still was unsuccessful in getting my sct to load up the newly revised tunes. But, after updating tuner and reloading my existing gh tunes (race tune) the truck has no more lag..... smh.
I know this is zero help but updating the tuner did solve my issue lol
Also, finally hooked up my edge tuner and it's amazing how cool these engines operate. No need to watch egts even on the race tune.

I'm able to get my egts above 1500 lol if I try hard enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
i know tell me about it... I would like to get the sotf setup as well

So you still haven't been able to load the tunes? Is the SCT software up to date on your PC?

04cr450

Reaction score
The error code is still CTF error code. I tried my wife's work computer, which has the new Windows os, and I tried my other labtop which has Vista on it... all same old codes (ctf ) strange huh? I may have a tuber that failed? It's new though and only used twice, sct says it's not the tuner.... of course...

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
The error code is still CTF error code. I tried my wife's work computer, which has the new Windows os, and I tried my other labtop which has Vista on it... all same old codes (ctf ) strange huh? I may have a tuber that failed? It's new though and only used twice, sct says it's not the tuner.... of course...

Is it a CTF error popping up, is it a certain type or says something like "CTF loader error"?

Last edited:

95cobby

Reaction score
You have the newest device updater program right? The desktop icon is red with a big U on it. It's not the sct logo anymore. Also from doing a quick google search some guys are saying they aren't able to remove tunes from the device as well. Have you tried removing one then hitting the program button? Get the same error?

Some are also saying that they returned their car to stock tune, did factory reset on x4, connected to device updater and updated device, then loaded tunes back.

You could also try calling sct back.. it's usually hit or miss with who you get on the phone.

04cr450

Reaction score
yes sir- i have the newest updater, removed the updater and reloaded it, removed tunes and reloaded them, removed tunes and tried loading the updated tunes desired. The code exactly says "ctf error code".
I also went back to stock on the truck when updating the tuner(good practice anyways in case of an issue). I agree i may have to call sct back.
I know its very difficult to fix over the forums and i appreciate all the help too. In a month i'll be at ucc- if i still can't get the tunes loaded then if sct is at ucc i will hand them my tuner in person and let them have a whack at it.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
yes sir- i have the newest updater, removed the updater and reloaded it, removed tunes and reloaded them, removed tunes and tried loading the updated tunes desired. The code exactly says "ctf error code".
I also went back to stock on the truck when updating the tuner(good practice anyways in case of an issue). I agree i may have to call sct back.
I know its very difficult to fix over the forums and i appreciate all the help too. In a month i'll be at ucc- if i still can't get the tunes loaded then if sct is at ucc i will hand them my tuner in person and let them have a whack at it.

You factory reset the tuner?

If you removed the current tunes would they disappear or would they stay on the list?

I remember I had a problem where I had certain tunes on the X4 and removed them (I was over capacity) If I tried to remove the tunes that were already on the device, the updater would through an error and freeze the program. (I can't remember if it was a CTF error or unhandled exception)

I believe if i remember right, these were also GH tunes also for 6.4.

The tunes removed would still be on the device, I called them "ghost tunes" because they wouldn't do anything and couldn't be removed.

One day I said "screw this,I need to get the new tunes on to the tuner"

So I did this, I put the truck back to stock.

Factory reset the tuner

Hook it back up to your PC and run through the update just to be sure.

After that I grabbed my new files from my email and tried it out and boom it took it and I was on my way.

Last edited:

04cr450

Reaction score
You may be on to a fix here^ if I erase the gh tunes... they will re appear no matter what I do weather it be a reset etc. Ok thanks for the tech tip. I wonder why they won't go away being these are custom tunes as well?
Their are total of 10 tunes on tuner currently... and I just realized that when I hook the tuner back up to the uplater software they are still on there even though prior I had erased say 4 of them to get available space and load the new tunes on.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
You may be on to a fix here^ if I erase the gh tunes... they will re appear no matter what I do weather it be a reset etc. Ok thanks for the tech tip. I wonder why they won't go away being these are custom tunes as well?
Their are total of 10 tunes on tuner currently... and I just realized that when I hook the tuner back up to the uplater software they are still on there even though prior I had erased say 4 of them to get available space and load the new tunes on.

Sounds like the same problem I had back then on the X4.

"ghost tunes"

Return the truck to stock, and go to the menu and hit factory reset on the tuner.

Pull the tunes up and see what happens and post back up.

Latest posts

Members online