Project Second Strike-----my REDEMPTION build

sootie

Reaction score
Should be able to do it with forscan. I assume you already installed the correct switch?

107stroker

Reaction score
Went by the dealer this morning and it wouldn't work. He tried to enable the fog light function and it kept saying this function no supported on this module. He did a reprogram and clicked that the truck had fogs and it still wouldn't turn them on. Said hes gonna do some research on it. :shrug:

BilletGarage

Reaction score
Went by the dealer this morning and it wouldn't work. He tried to enable the fog light function and it kept saying this function no supported on this module. He did a reprogram and clicked that the truck had fogs and it still wouldn't turn them on. Said hes gonna do some research on it. :shrug:
Can you bypass the trucks factory wiring (using a relay) and still use the factory switch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

107stroker

Reaction score
Can you bypass the trucks factory wiring (using a relay) and still use the factory switch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Gonna give the tech and the forum a couple days to see what comes about from members having done this. That relay is my next move. Just use a wire out of the switch as the trigger wire. Who knows.

107stroker

Reaction score
Got some parts ordered today. Went w the 59/72 setup w 6.0 manis. Got the new hd uppipes for the 6.0 conversion manifolds w egr provision for a wastegate. Gonna get this started soon as all the parts show up. :D:D:D

BilletGarage

Reaction score
Got some parts ordered today. Went w the 59/72 setup w 6.0 manis. Got the new hd uppipes for the 6.0 conversion manifolds w egr provision for a wastegate. Gonna get this started soon as all the parts show up. :D:D:D

Awesome! I was wondering what you were up to. Good choices! :redspotdance:

Black AOD

Reaction score

Nice!

Hope you're planning on some motor and trans upgrades. That's a 650whp setup on stock fuel. Gonna be rowdy in that little truck :evil:

107stroker

Reaction score
Well it has begun. So far so good. Gonna do body mounts as well while its up in the air. The engine was really clean besides where the up pipes were leaking.

107stroker

Reaction score
Here is a couple pics:joy:

Attachments

• 2a697719cc123ba882b9e87f8a450121.jpg
    2a697719cc123ba882b9e87f8a450121.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 0bb8d344fe99e7671de9d3ab357f06ec.jpg
    0bb8d344fe99e7671de9d3ab357f06ec.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 1ff7ff58ae8ea39f8cef9eab67eea9da.jpg
    1ff7ff58ae8ea39f8cef9eab67eea9da.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 178

107stroker

Reaction score
Should I do a water pump and inspect the front cover now or not? I mean its right there. lol:shrug:

107stroker

Reaction score
Got it back on the road today. Wow there is a pretty noticeable gain in power. Heres what I did.... ARP studs, new OEM head gaskets, 6.0 manifolds, hi flow up pipes , updated harness, new fuel lines, new oil cooler, new rocker sets, new push rods, 59/72 turbos, checked the front cover, ELC coolant, new top and bottom radiator hoses, new belts, pulley and all needed gaskets and seals. O yea and replaced the body mount bushings. Seems to have more grunt down low and spools up nice. Absolutely love it. Seems like there is something I forgot to list, I'll check my list later. The front cover was in great shape so maybe it has been replaced at some point. Had the heads checked and surfaced. Went on a hour ride today and the deltas never got more than 4 degrees running 70 mph in about 85 degree weather.

107stroker

Reaction score
Pump or not

I know this is a hard question to answer but should i add a lift pump and if so which one...fass or air dog?? If nothing else but for clean fuel. I did the fass on my 6.0 when i had it and it was toooo loud so i removed it and sold it. From what i read both companies have came a long way since then as far as noise. Aren't these pumps used in conjunction w the hfcm on the frame ? Let me know what if any advice. Thanks in advance

sootie

Reaction score
I would skip both companies mentioned. Spotty reliability at best. Either dual stockers or fuelab.

imelmo

Reaction score
I know this is a hard question to answer but should i add a lift pump and if so which one...fass or air dog?? If nothing else but for clean fuel. I did the fass on my 6.0 when i had it and it was toooo loud so i removed it and sold it. From what i read both companies have came a long way since then as far as noise. Aren't these pumps used in conjunction w the hfcm on the frame ? Let me know what if any advice. Thanks in advance

I run Marty's setup on mine and it hasn't missed a beat. Maintains 62psi at all times, all conditions.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
we sell the marty's setup and it works very well ! hit us up if you're interested !

107stroker

Reaction score
Man do I enjoy this truck... My son asked for this today when I was turning in from work....:popcorn::pimp:

Attachments

• IMG950715.jpg
    IMG950715.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 150

C2tuck

Reaction score
Did a couple interior things as well as a good cleaning. :D:D
Put in some husky rubber mats as they seem to stick better on the vinyl floor. Added the entry guards from AVS on the lower door sills. Put in the Edge CS and molded mount just to monitor whats happening. prob gonna do the studs and some other things soooon.

How much are the door sill entry guards? You can PM me if needed. For a crew cab.

Latest posts

Members online