What would you "Powerstroke"?

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
What would you like to put a PSD in?
I'm currently doing a 87' sbrc f150 2wd 7.3, my dream truck is a 70' sport custom f100 lbrc on a 79' d60 chassis with a compounded 7.3.

Petro

Reaction score
I have a 77 jeep CJ5 with a 304 and a 3 speed sittin around, needs a new motor but other than that its almost in perfect shape. I was pondering on the idea of throwin a mildly built 7.3 in it with a 6 speed. I think it would be really cool but would be alot of motor for that little jeep.

MK350

Reaction score
1964 Lincoln Continental, I would use a new 6.7L. Some thing about two 4 inch stainless tips sticking out the rear just gives me chills!

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
My original ultimate PSD project was going to be a Twin turbo(not compound) 7.3 in a AC Cobra, but the new 6.7 is giving me a big decision to make.

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'd like to have one in a 79 Ford. Painted Bigfoot blue.

That looks something like this under the hood:

I hope to have an update on that project late this summer. Changing chassis's underneath that is adding a bit of time to get it to where it can run and drive, but it will save me time, money, and headache in the long run. Toss in an antique tractor reduction sale and life is making this project slow.

A 23 T Bucket Powerstroke, only weight to it will be the motor

I like where your head is at..... I just purchased a '28 Roadster pickup and even though I don't plan on on installing a diesel in it - I have threatened to sit a PSD on the frame rails just to get an idea of what it would look like. LOL Its in storage at the moment, at least until I can get this auction over with, If all goes according to plan I'll be mocking up stuff come October just for chits and giggles.

Charles

Reaction score
I'm actively looking for a catamaran to put a 7 to 800shp 7.3 heui into. The engine in my truck right now is well over 700 crank hp, even in it's screwed up state.

I would like to run a pair of them in a cat with a couple lencos running output/input reversed to make a pair of OD drives to keep the torque off the outdrives and allow the use of a shelf stocked gasser prop pitch.

I don't think 100mph would be out of the question for a single engine, and I don't think 130+ would be out of the question for a pair.

Would be cool sipping offroad diesel while crusing around on the lake listening to a large frame or two whistling behind me.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I like where your head is at..... I just purchased a '28 Roadster pickup and even though I don't plan on on installing a diesel in it - I have threatened to sit a PSD on the frame rails just to get an idea of what it would look like. LOL Its in storage at the moment, at least until I can get this auction over with, If all goes according to plan I'll be mocking up stuff come October just for chits and giggles.

Now you know if you mock it up "just to see" you wont be taking it out.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Jason, I am super jealous of that project. I need to drive my but up there someday and check it out for sure!

Its all blown apart into pieces at the moment.... nothing to look at. It more than likely will not be back to something worth looking at until after the auction in September.

Now you know if you mock it up "just to see" you wont be taking it out.

Mocking it up is easy enough and takes very little time on a roadster - but I can guarantee you that it will come right back out - this roadster is getting a flathead 6 cylinder Chrysler with all sorts of HRT built goodies thrown at it that will give me modern technology with the look of 1950s.

BMac

Reaction score
If I could fit one in my Early Bronco it would be pretty sweet, but I would probably be better off finding a 4bt for it

rc4wd

Reaction score
I want to build a fiberglass bodied, tube chassied, mud truck to run against a cummins mud rail a few of my buddies just got done building and a few other off the wall projects just because

brewer

Reaction score
7.3 in my '86 Lincoln Continental...though my more realistic option would be a built 5.0 stroker.

Ultimate dream would be in a 1960 Continental to replace the 430. Plenty of room I figure, might actually work.

Other idea was a classic boat like Charlie was talkin about. I saw some info one time on some marine t444e's, been keeping my eye out for one.

Latest posts

Members online