Ez lynk fail need some insight

Reaction score
So I'll make this short and sweet and try to be as informative as possible without confusing anyone.

My truck is a 2011
It has egr and *** bye bye exhaust obviously an intake and an sct x4 with gea&$"/- tunes. Setup worked great no problems updated device when I installed about 20k ago

Recently bought a Maryland budget kit from a member on here so borg 63mm fixed vane charger. Installed great and was gunna start with my sct still loaded in truck, knowing that it would more than likely throw a vgt code. No biggy.

But I had bought a ez lynk tunes from Midwest for the new setup. So before I started I decided I would REMOVE the sct from the truck and LOAD my new ezlynk files. Just so it was done. (Bad move) lol

So, I pulled the sct tunes returned truck to stock. All is well. Went to ez lynk and downloaded a trans file finished great. When to load a engine file and it to 22% it retried went to 2% retried again it went to 0% I NEVER REMOVED KEY OR TURNED KEY OR DEVICE as it was flashing. That's when i realized somehow or another I had lost almost all battery power. Don't know why but somehow over the couple evenings of tinkering I lost voltage from a light inside cab or something. Stupid I know. I had no idea it had lost volatage there was no signs of it.

I hooked up my battery charger got the truck back charged up. Tried to load engine tune. Says it loads but the dash was absolutely going nuts every warning it could throw and all kinds of lights on the dash. And no crank no start. At this point I knew it was going to need a factory reflash. Called and verified and was agreed with. Somehow it had pulled the stock tune and wasn't able to load the new tune because of voltage.

Took it to dealer today. (Towed in) reflashed to stock with fords newest update so it will not only start once if the factory egt probes in exhaust fault or get removed.

Once done with flash I tired to install an engine tune off the ez lynk onto the truck. Soon as I pressed install the dash started freaking out again same problems before the factory flash. I knew it was locked again and sure enough it was no crank no start. So ANOTHER factory reflash.

We flashed back to stock again and everything is happy truck starts all is well.
So I decided I would try to load my old sct which never had a bit of problems.
Plugged it in and click on a tune to load and it says vehicle unsupported.
Also recommends updating the device. I drove my
Truck home and it's fine but I need to get this figured out and am super thankful for any positive advice!

Any questions or clarity problems let me know!!! This is far from my only or first diesel truck stock and race truck let alone the first tunes in diesel trucks I've done and I am embearessed about the whole deal honestly! Haha

CoreyMS

Reaction score
The sct doesn't know the new strategy for the updated stock software, you could try to update it and see if the strategy is added, might work.

The other I think your gonna need to call midwest.

Reaction score
The sct doesn't know the new strategy for the updated stock software, you could try to update it and see if the strategy is added, might work.

The other I think your gonna need to call midwest.

That was my plan tomorrow to try updating my sct. I tried to install the sct to verify it was the ez lynk giving me the troubles wrong vin by a digit or something

Thanks very much for the reply and the added confidence in a update. The sct also didn't lock the truck instantly it just acted like you say. Didn't know the strategy on the updated for software.

Reaction score
Update**** was not batteries being low. Updated my sct and reinstalled and worked flawlessly it's something in the tunes on the ez lynk that's not right

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Update**** was not batteries being low. Updated my sct and reinstalled and worked flawlessly it's something in the tunes on the ez lynk that's not right

if you need it , i'll kick you ansct non vgt file to keep the truck up and running while you figure out your other issues.

Reaction score
if you need it , i'll kick you ansct non vgt file to keep the truck up and running while you figure out your other issues.

Thanks so much! I will get ahold of you along with who I got the tunes from Monday. Again I appreciate that
I can load files on the sct through the cloud also correct? I saw that with the updated sct updater

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I will get ahold of you along with who I got the tunes from Monday. Again I appreciate that
I can load files on the sct through the cloud also correct? I saw that with the updated sct updater

no, via email.

redneck1

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your bum luck. The dash going bonkers is normal. My truck does that. But I've never had it lock up. You can check the vin that your ez link is listed with under vehicles, I'd verify it displayed the same as your truck. Did you just get a single tune?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your bum luck. The dash going bonkers is normal. My truck does that. But I've never had it lock up. You can check the vin that your ez link is listed with under vehicles, I'd verify it displayed the same as your truck. Did you just get a single tune?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

it wouldnt have even come up as available if it wasn't the correct vin .

Reaction score
Midwest was on the tuning issue before I even called today (Monday) great group of guys it seems. I wasn't sent all new engine files. I just loaded a engine file and a trans file and t worked flawlessly. Thanks to them very much.

Latest posts

Members online