6.0 Dieselsite oil cooler

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I’ve searched far and wide for feedback on this cooler. I can’t decide on doing another stock location cooler or the relocated cooler from someone like bulletproof. Thinking of doing their bulletproof egr cooler. What’s the failure rate of the DS cooler as compared to the updated OEM cooler? Thanks

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We run the OEM's and Motorcraft gold with coolant filters on 4-5 trucks per week in our shop with virtually no warranty claims to speak of in the 6-7 years we have been doing this.

The OEM cooler and coolant is very high quality as long as it is maintained properly.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
We run the OEM's and Motorcraft gold with coolant filters on 4-5 trucks per week in our shop with virtually no warranty claims to speak of in the 6-7 years we have been doing this.

The OEM cooler and coolant is very high quality as long as it is maintained properly.

Bulletproof Diesel claims failures in the OEM oil filter housing. Do you put any stock in that or just sales mumbo jumbo? Bypass failures etc...

Extended Power

Reaction score
Last time I had mine all apart, I had a close look at the bypass rubber seal.
It was cracked all the way around, and in really bad shape.
I couldn't just buy the small bypass valve for some reason, so I found another used one in better shape, and used it.

Poor design by Ford for sure...but the cost of the Bullet Proof oil cooler is not in my realm of buying power lately...or I would have gone that way.

Latest posts

Members online