H&S Mini Maxx or Edge Juice with Attitude?

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
i run gearhead tunes always, when i got my warren comp trans i never got the tune adjusted for it. did i go wrong with this? trans shifts perfect and acts as it should.

You should be ok as long as it's shifting correctly. When we tune for a built 5R it's generally just changing shift timing to prevent clutch tie-up or flare.

Irontx

Reaction score
Adjustments on the fly are cool and all..... till you blindside the 5R110 with power it doesn't know about.....then you shyt your clutches....... Not to mention those generic tunes wouldn't know what to make of a different turbo injector combo...... it's a waste if you ever want to do more than an exhaust, intake, programmer ....... but hey.... it's your money.

Reaction score
SCT with custom tunes is definitely the way to go. I'm running the gearhead tunes on my 06 studded and deleted with intake and exhaust and it makes a night and day difference. Matt was super helpful and a very good good guy to work with. I changed to a different SCT because the one I bought from a buddy ended up being locked and he had my tunes rewritten and emailed to me overnight.

crash86

Reaction score
I run SCT With custom tunes from Gearhead and a cts to monitor. i wouldn't go any other way.

06F350FX4

Reaction score
Irontx I don't plan on doing anything more than the basic upgrades. Like you said exhaust, intake, & programmer. That is why I asked about the different programmers. If I wanted to go out and get a custom tune and such along that line I would have asked about them.
I don't know why everyone isn't listening to what I asked and taking it to where they want. Then trying to rag on me and tell me its my money. Well your right and I know Im not going nuts with this truck like some or a lot of you have. Dam if I ask if the sky is blue or purple I would expect a simple answer that goes with the question, not tell me whats in the air for molecules and partials in the air if a volcano goes off on the other side of the world and sun does this and that for example.

04 f350

Reaction score
Well in your first post you said you were looking at buying a programmer then went on to say that you wanted an edge or mini maxx... Then you have numerous guys trying to tell you that neither of those are gonna get the most out of the truck like the SCT would, your not gonna get many ppl off this forum to tell you that either of those are good, 99.9% of 6.0 owners run sct...

zshier17

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am looking at buying a programmer. Im not sure which one to go with. H&S Mini Maxx or Edge Juice with Attitude. The programmer will be going on an 2006 6.0. Anyone with experience in both would be fantastic thanks.

Patrick

OP, First you asked that you were in the market for a programmer and that you were LOOKING at a H&S minimaxx or an Edge Juice. Do you know how many people have posted a thread saying similar things about programmers, turbos, injectors, etc..

When someone gets into modifying they're truck, they research and research and think they have a product they want, so they come on here to ask people who have done this for years and they get a response opposite their research. Then 50 other people say the same thing. This is also research, and some of the best i might add. Its hard to beat real world experience. The SCT is a perfect example of this.

Secondly you said anyone with experience with either of these (minimaxx or edge) please let me know. At least 3 people said they have ran the edge and the SCT and prefer the SCT a lot more. So that should clear that up quick. As far as the minimaxx goes, it runs $1200. IF you bought an SCT X4 for $400, you could get a 3 tune package from any of the good tuners (Gearhead, IDP, Vivian, etc..) for about $165. That leaves you with $635 left to use on modifying custom tunes or getting more custom tunes. Pretty sure you would have plenty of tunes to play with, especially since most guys only charge $30-50 to modify a tune.

Lastly, you're dogging on a CUSTOM tune. The minimaxx and edge produce tunes for an average 6.0. EVERY truck is different, There are a million combinations of mods you can do and every one yields something slightly different. Even trucks with the same exact mods can act and drive differently. So a custom tune is the BEST way to go to get the most out of YOUR truck. Would you rather have a suit from walmart? or a CUSTOM tailored suit? pretty sure Armani suits fit better than walmart, except in this case, the Armani suit is cheaper.

And lastly again, NO ONE...and i mean NO ONE is trying to dog or hate on you. They are simply trying to help you. In the end if you will not heade our advice, that is your choice, and at that we don't really care. But up until that point we are going to try and help you as much as we can. And that is EXACTLY what these guys are doing. Trying to help you, many have taken your path before, and ended up with an SCT later because it was the better option. This forum has taught me so much over the past couple months, Sh*t you can't learn on youtube. So many guys have come on here and said, "i want a powermaxx turbo, what do you think".... Rarely do they go with a powermaxx, because the guys on here are true and honest and try to help people, and inform said people there are better options out there.

That is all we are trying to do... IF you don't want to take the advice of so many experienced guys thats fine, buy a minimaxx or edge...but be sure to let us know when you switch to SCT, and how you like your CUSTOM tune better.

zshier17

Reaction score
Lastly again...again..

if you want a simple answer, i would suggest not coming onto this website. For one reason, modifying/tuning a truck IS NOT SIMPLE.

If you want a simple answer go to an EDGE rep and ask them whether you should buy a minimaxx or an edge. They will give you a simple answer.

This forum, however, is about learning about our trucks, learning what mods do and HOW they do it, and doing what is best for our truck for our goals. keeping longevity and health of the truck always a number 1 priority. Cause if the truck don't run, it aint fun lol.

Either way man, you said you wanted a simple answer, so if we have to put it in a simple answer form, it would be this, "get an SCT."

You can dispute turbos and injectors and exhaust all day long without a a real difference, but as far as programmers go for 6.0's...its pretty undisputed lol.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
dont waste your breath...just another simpleton that asks for advice but continues in a bull-headed manner down the course they were originally on...

its evident he wants to overspend on a tuner, roach his trans and blow headgaskets.

Irontx

Reaction score
lol... i figured i'd give it a shot. People change their mindset sometimes.

You would think!!! Lmao
I guess some people think that because a company takes out a 2 page add in diesel power magazing.... that it must be the gospel....

zshier17

Reaction score
Idk, i spent 6 months on all 4 or 5 of the ford dedicated forums researching stuff, and as soon as i signed up and started my first thread, i was on the phone with two guys, and learned more in the first week than the past couple months lol.

And i swear......NO diesel powermags were in the book rack by my crapper

Buuuuuuut we have beat this dead horse quite a bit lol.

04 f350

Reaction score
Idk, i spent 6 months on all 4 or 5 of the ford dedicated forums researching stuff, and as soon as i signed up and started my first thread, i was on the phone with two guys, and learned more in the first week than the past couple months lol.

And i swear......NO diesel powermags were in the book rack by my crapper

Buuuuuuut we have beat this dead horse quite a bit lol.

Ya think??! Lol... Seems like every other post on any forum is somthin about tunes, mpgs, head studs egr etc... I'm just like :doh:

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
The 5r110 transmission doesn't like shift on the fly.... It is required to go through a proper relearn process that edge doesn't do. It has to adjust properly for shift timing and line pressure to coincide with the added power.

sootie

Reaction score
The 5r110 transmission doesn't like shift on the fly.... It is required to go through a proper relearn process that edge doesn't do. It has to adjust properly for shift timing and line pressure to coincide with the added power.

nothing to do with the trans. it is the lack of tcm. sotf works fine on 6.4s

Latest posts