question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
has anyone noticed their coolant level going down? does this new coolant dissipate by chance? it has very slowly gone down since new and now its well below the cold fill line....

live life full throttle

Yep just added some last weekend it slowly got down to about 2 inches under cold. I've heard they all do it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
has anyone noticed their coolant level going down? does this new coolant dissipate by chance? it has very slowly gone down since new and now its well below the cold fill line....

live life full throttle

Mine does. I'm still under warranty and having the dealership do the oil changes. Had to ask them to top it off the last time it was in and will have them do it again the next time. They had their diesel tech look it over for a leak and he didn't see any. I'm sure when I go in next time they'll want to take a closer look. FWIW, I drove for 15-18,000 miles with it just below the add mark. Had it topped off about 3,000 miles ago and it's down to the same spot again.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
topped the truck off thursday night and then drove home yesterday.. can anyone see a problem here? it has a 38 gallon tank..

Attachments

• 20150131_213601.jpg
    20150131_213601.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 106

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
not even close... and why would you say gas...

anyone ever have issues with their fuel level gauge or the gallons used being off? dont know if its coincidence or not but it started going funky after i did the tune and delete...

live life full throttle

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
not even close... and why would you say gas...

anyone ever have issues with their fuel level gauge or the gallons used being off? dont know if its coincidence or not but it started going funky after i did the tune and delete...

live life full throttle

No issues with that but I'm down 2 mpg city driving after the surgery lol I wonder why

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
No issues with that but I'm down 2 mpg city driving after the surgery lol I wonder why

cuz its fun to stab the throttle.. if my gallons used is jacked up then im gonna be down 5mpg and the gain i reported a while back is wrong. way wrong..

live life full throttle

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
cuz its fun to stab the throttle.. if my gallons used is jacked up then im gonna be down 5mpg and the gain i reported a while back is wrong. way wrong..

live life full throttle

Yes very fun. So my wife wanted to take it to the store the other day. I leave it set on stock if she is driving it. Well she figured out how to change it. Got in it the next day it was on performance. Someone likes playing as much as I do lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yes very fun. So my wife wanted to take it to the store the other day. I leave it set on stock if she is driving it. Well she figured out how to change it. Got in it the next day it was on performance. Someone likes playing as much as I do lol

lol.. you would have to remove the tuner if you dont want her to play.. lol

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
so i just topped off again and its way the *** off... put 33.4 gallon in... if my trip miles are right, then i am around 14mpg with buffalo ny fuel....
8df8146c1115d22eed614c970f804cf6.jpg

live life full throttle

kampy

Reaction score
it started going funky after i did the tune and delete...

live life full throttle

Mine's the same after the tune/delete, stock it would get about 17.1 or so babying it and it was pretty close most times. Deleted the dash shows about 19.6 or so driving the same route the same way but hand calculated its still right around 17.2 to 17.5 but it's a lot more responsive and driveablity is way better.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Mine's the same after the tune/delete, stock it would get about 17.1 or so babying it and it was pretty close most times. Deleted the dash shows about 19.6 or so driving the same route the same way but hand calculated its still right around 17.2 to 17.5 but it's a lot more responsive and driveablity is way better.
im more worried about the gallons used vs actuall... not even close...

live life full throttle

Members online

No members online now.