question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
post anything about your 6.7 here...

anyone know why they have a traction control off feature if it automatically disables itself and turns it back on? same with the electric locker? any way to make them stay on?

how often are these supposed to regen? i know i only have 1000 miles on the truck now but on my trip from michigan out to sw minnesota i think i could tell when it would regen cuz my instant mileage meter would slowly drop almost 2mpg less then what it read most of the way... then after a while it would creep back up...

how many miles should it be drove before i should drop the oil and filter and put in fresh oil?

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I learned from another thread that you push the traction control button once and it disables traction control. If you hold the button down for 5 seconds it then turns off the advanced traction control.It should not defuel or turn back on once you hold it for 5 seconds. My dad called me and told me he was stuck in his 13', said he hit the button but it kept defueling. Told him about advanced trac and it came right out.

I think the norm on the DEF fluid is between 5k-6k miles before you should have to add.

I change my oil every 6months even though I may have only put 2k miles on it because it sits all week. But if your changing oil every 5k then top off DEF fluid at the same time and you won't have any worries.

Also drain fuel/water separator once a month. Turn knob till it starts draining and let it run for 15-25 seconds. Just something else I practice because ford will use any excuse to get out of warranty work.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I learned from another thread that you push the traction control button once and it disables traction control. If you hold the button down for 5 seconds it then turns off the advanced traction control.It should not defuel or turn back on once you hold it for 5 seconds. My dad called me and told me he was stuck in his 13', said he hit the button but it kept defueling. Told him about advanced trac and it came right out.

I think the norm on the DEF fluid is between 5k-6k miles before you should have to add.

I change my oil every 6months even though I may have only put 2k miles on it because it sits all week. But if your changing oil every 5k then top off DEF fluid at the same time and you won't have any worries.

Also drain fuel/water separator once a month. Turn knob till it starts draining and let it run for 15-25 seconds. Just something else I practice because ford will use any excuse to get out of warranty work.

sweet, thanks for the reply man... ill have to try the advanced traction control thing tonight after work..

yeah ive always drained the fuel filter once or twice a month in my other trucks... i have read that the def can go anywhere from 5-8k miles.. my cousins truck just hit 8k and it was the first time he added def from the factory but he is a city boy and babies the **** out of that truck cuz he wants the best mileage, tows absolutely nothing, doesnt even own a hitch, and doesnt even know what his intake looks like or where its at..

on the regen, i was just wondering if there was a set amount of miles for it to regen or not. prolly just depends on driving habits too...

is there a way to turn on the locker and keep it on past 25mph..

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
thanks^^^

how big are the biggest tires that will fit on these trucks with stock lift... on a 18" rim...

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
thanks^^^

how big are the biggest tires that will fit on these trucks with stock lift... on a 18" rim...

live life full throttle

anyone?

figured out the advanced traction control... did a burnout just to see how it handled it...

is there a way to completely disable the traction control so the button doesnt have to be hit every key cycle? not that i need it off all the time but im sure somebody wants it off..

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
thanks mike!

found out that you can lock the truck with the key fob while its running and unlock it with the keyless entry... older vehicles wouldnt allow me to do that..

live life full throttle

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
thanks mike!

found out that you can lock the truck with the key fob while its running and unlock it with the keyless entry... older vehicles wouldnt allow me to do that..

live life full throttle

If you have the key pad on the door you can also lock/unlock it while its running.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
you can also pull into a parking lot and hit the remote start button while the truck is running and turn the key off and take the remote start will keep the truck running while you run into the store with your truck keys in your hands

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
what is this with the wires in it?
ysu6usut.jpg

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online