2013 Turbo Testing MPD HTT367 Info

dseitler

Reaction score
Been a while since I posted any information been busy with work but have a lot of info to share. Have been running the MPD Kit for more than 10 months and have had the 367FMW on since 11-22. Was a hard decision to make because I liked the quick spool of the 70mm Turbine but that went away quickly by the instant power increase and the drop in EBP running the big fuel. Still if your target is 575 to 600 HP with quick spool and amazing throttle response the 365 Turbo is the one. If you plan on ever going above 600 than 367 or larger Turbine Turbo's is the way to go.
6824904edeb1eb27dc1a455e12a35a22.jpg

This is a picture of my current setup I am running today. I am currently running MPD Non-VGT Tune's by Craig and they are the best I have run to date. The engine tune is spot on! Quick power low end response and he has it so the Non-VGT Turbo comes on quick, spools fast and power is right there with a clean tune. Torque management is there to protect the bottom end. I have been testing the tunes since the first of December and he has made steady improvements along the way. I am running a Dyno tested 616HP Daily Driver tune that gets a amazing 17.3 MPG to 16.2 over 26 gal of fuel IF I drive like a normal person which is very hard for me. My trip to work is 7 miles red lights and traffic then 31 miles Turnpike then a additional 3 miles in traffic one way every day. Never had this 2013 get any kind of mileage before like I see people talk about. Key is to keep your foot out of it and the mileage is there.
Been a lot of talk about EBP. I purposely loaded a 1945ms Tune (not a MPD Tune) for this test video. This is a 60MPH to 90MPH quick burst but the purpose was to show the boost vs back pressure with the 74mm Turbine. Low 60's EBP with EGT's at 1100 or so. This Tune Dyno at 620HP and I eased into it to see Max EBP. Very low and nothing to worry about IMO. In the early days testing the 4094 I had EBP well into the high 80's and I'm still here. More to come. D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn171hmrBF4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcain

Reaction score
Thank you for the continued testing and sharing of information

dseitler

Reaction score
The CTS can be run as a stand alone unit with battery power and key on power. You don't use the OBD2 Port but a EAS Universal Sensor input system that is stackable and you can add as many 5V sensors as you want.

Reaction score
The CTS can be run as a stand alone unit with battery power and key on power. You don't use the OBD2 Port but a EAS Universal Sensor input system that is stackable and you can add as many 5V sensors as you want.

yeah i know it can. I was thinking you were doing it what way, i have seen people try to split the OBD2 with Y's and T's but doesn't seem to work in a 6.7 i guess the 2 monitors get lagy, thanks man... sorry don't wana derail your thread

dseitler

Reaction score
Never had a problem and it shows no restriction. I ran it on and off on the Dyno with no difference in power. I do take the plastic clear cover off when I race and on the Dyno. Plus I can't stand the noise of the open intake. Drives me nuts. How you been Gary?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I think one will soon find you can make horsepower by simply altering the calibration table concerning MAF.

Just out of curiosity I would like to see what the true vacuum is on different intakes... same truck. Manometer needed.

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
I think one will soon find you can make horsepower by simply altering the calibration table concerning MAF.

Just out of curiosity I would like to see what the true vacuum is on different intakes... same truck. Manometer needed.

LOL that's the funny thing about all these big intakes with stock ish trucks. The power isn't in the pipe lol… its the MAF cal and torque request.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL that's the funny thing about all these big intakes with stock ish trucks. The power isn't in the pipe lol… its the MAF cal and torque request.

wrong. the no limit destroyed the afe on the same exact tune. on all the bigger tunes the MAF is tuned out. filter and LACK of vacuum is huge for these heads at lower rpm .

dseitler

Reaction score
The S&B did not cause restriction on the 4" ID pipe that I had fabricated for my intake over the 12" cone filter I tested. That being said the 367 would benefit from a full 5" ID pipe like the No Limit I'm sure but then who would see my beautiful welds and curves on the pipe I made.

dseitler

Reaction score
This test shows the drop in boost across the stock air to water Intercooler. I have a sensor before and after the cooler to measure boost. In this test I am towing 6800lbs @ 65MPH and have the cruise control on and it is flat ground.
In the video on the display the number on the left is boost after the cooler - and the number at the bottom is boost before the cooler. Number on the right is EBP. About 1 lb of difference is noticed.
I will be installing the aftermarket cooler on Saturday and will do more testing both towing, Dyno and at the track. D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyZFmbA73jU

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Love seeing stuff like this. My bank account doesn't love it, but I sure do! Lol
Keep it up Dan. Can't wait to see the results