Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Non - Specific > Truck Audio

Old 11-29-2017, 12:33 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by slc6oh View Post
Are the door speakers in the sony navi systems set up as mids? Would swapping say a p1 fosgate coax into the door crispen it up? All other things left alone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never scoped the original L/O off the original amp. However, if you install new speakers, they're still being fed a clipped output, that you cannot change, from that Sony amp.

I think the only way you can get a clean true output to the speaker is by cutting the Sony amp out of the equation.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Lieutenant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionEngine View Post
I never scoped the original L/O off the original amp. However, if you install new speakers, they're still being fed a clipped output, that you cannot change, from that Sony amp.

I think the only way you can get a clean true output to the speaker is by cutting the Sony amp out of the equation.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2018, 11:25 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

https://pac-audio.com/catalog/amppro...faces/ap4-fd21

I bought one of these. Super easy to install. Gives a clean, 5V signal. It retains the Sony amp to keep all system chimes warning sounds and Sync functions. They have a wire harness coming out that plugs in line at the Sony amp with wire leads that can be installed to your aftermarket amp to run the mids, highs without cutting any factory wires. So far I’ve got a 10” Pioneer sub ran off a 500W Alpine and the bass sounds fantastic and gets punchier as you increase volume. Just waiting on that wire harness so I can get the mids, highs straightened out.
2013 CCSB, 290k mi, SCT, Full diet, FloPro 4”, MPD 364.5 with piping, Carli 4.5” Commuter with Deavers, ICON trac bar, Fox steering, V Rock 20x12, 35” Toyo RT, AmpPro stereo integration w/5V signal, Alpine amps, Image Dynamics 6.5” comp all around
Old 08-10-2018, 06:03 AM
Corporal
Member's Gallery

Wire harness just released. Mine will be here next week. Will get it installed and let you know what I think.

https://pac-audio.com/catalog/audio-.../5238-aph-fd01
2013 CCSB, 290k mi, SCT, Full diet, FloPro 4”, MPD 364.5 with piping, Carli 4.5” Commuter with Deavers, ICON trac bar, Fox steering, V Rock 20x12, 35” Toyo RT, AmpPro stereo integration w/5V signal, Alpine amps, Image Dynamics 6.5” comp all around