6.0 fan on OBS Results....

Swaan

Reaction score
Not sure on mishimoto rad. They claim better cooling over stock blah blah blah.

I think your on the right track with the sd fan and van clutch.

I wish I knew about that mod back then..

Reaction score
Back in the day when I could have cores built to order by Modine I would have used a pre 95 copper radiator and had a core built with a high fin per inch count, plate fins with louvers and a few other tricks I forgot.

Swaan

Reaction score
I looked at every availible fan horton makes for that bolt pattern. Nothing seems to fit perfect. Been there, done that.
Horton can recommend all they want but ultimately it's the hub position fore and aft that's going to dictate if it's going to fit. Not to mention diameter but that's a givin.

Peroni

Reaction score
Swaan did you find something that would fit the Horten clutch but would need modified? If there is something out there that has the right offset and diameter but the wrong bolt pattern or pilot diameter I can mill/drill/turn it to make it fit. Having to use that clunky stock fan has kept me from putting in a Horten clutch.

Swaan

Reaction score
I did.

I wish I can find where I got it made...

I will look again tonight.

Swaan

Reaction score
www.americancooling.com

These guys will custom make any fan you want. They also stock many types.
They changed there website since last time that's why it took me a while figure it out.
American cooling soloutions was the name.

You basiclly have to measure your hub back spacing you need , ccw or cw rotation and diameter. You can spec your blade pitch also and how many blades.. You go into prouduct search and then put in your specs. The fan I used was one they had in stock. They will build a custom fan too but you shouldn't have too.

I wish I had the part # I used would save you guys bunch time.
If I remember right it was a 23" 9 blade with 5" pilot on 6 bolt. Counter clock wise.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Swaan did you find something that would fit the Horten clutch but would need modified? If there is something out there that has the right offset and diameter but the wrong bolt pattern or pilot diameter I can mill/drill/turn it to make it fit. Having to use that clunky stock fan has kept me from putting in a Horten clutch.

Peroni, there are some 4 bolt small pilot fans that could be modified as you describe, I've been trying to figure out how to hold center, and hold the fan by the steel while boring out the center of the steel.

Latest posts

Members online